Jughead

I woke up to Alex he was screaming and crying me and betts ran into his room and his bed and him were covered in puke. I got him out of his clothes and into some dry ones as I held him and betts was cleaning his bed "daddy my tummy hurts " he cried

" I know I'm sorry let's give you some medicine " I took him down to the kitchen and gave him some medicine to help his tummy pain. " if you have to puke tell us so we can give you the trash can. "

" okay " I held him and he was crying still I went to his room and betts was done and there was a new sheet on his bed I went to are room and laid down and she came in and laid down.

" it's in the washer did you give him pain medicine "

" yeah "

" I'm sorry alex your sick "

" thanks mommy "

" your head or tummy hurts "

" both "

" it's okay " I covered him in the blanket he was very sick he kept coughing and his little nose was stuffed up he stopped crying and just laid on my chest " Alex you can sleep with us "

" please " he said sadly his voice was so sad it made me sad to hear it

" of course "

" thank you daddy and mommy "

" of course " we actually all fell back asleep but I slept lightly just in case.

" daddy " I heard faintly he was really quite

" yeah "

" I feel like I'm going to puke again "

" okay " I sat up and I gave him the trash can he held his stomach his head on my side. " I'm sorry bud "

" daddy why won't it stop "

" I don't know "

" it hurts " he cried. He sat up and started to puke betts sat on the other side of him and rubbed his back

" betts we should take him to the doctor "

" it's like 1 in the morning hun "

" but if he is in this much pain and picking and has a fever somethings wrong I just can feel it "

" okay let's get him to the doctor " when he finished we went to the car and we let him lay on betts in the front seat because he needed the comfort.

" I just hope he is okay but I have a weird feeling that something is wrong "

" I know I feel it to I just want him to be okay "

" yeah I understand where your coming from i just want him to be okay also and it really hurts to see him in pain like this he deserves to be his happy little childhood self and be playing around not with really bad stomach pain. "

" Yeah i agree juggie it still doesn't make it any less terrifying "

" Yeah i know its scary but were over thinking it it's probably just a cold "

" I hope so " once we got there i carried alex in because betts doesn't have a ton of strength and we sat in the waiting room of the hospital area.

" Alex jones " the doctor said so we went back . Alex sat on the bed and we sat in the chairs next to him " so what's the problem "

" my son has been having really bad stomach pain and has been throwing up and we wanted to make sure he was okay "

" I'm going to do an ultrasound on his stomach to make sure nothing is wrong with his inner organs . "

" daddy will that hurt"

" no it's maybe a little cold " betts said.

"Okay " they ultrasound his stomach.

" yeah we need to do surgery "

" no " he crawled into betts lap " mommy no "

" what's wrong "

"His appendix is extremely inflamed we need to remove it before it burst and compromises his organs "

" okay "

" mommy no "

" baby I'm very sorry but your tummy pains will stop and it will be better if you don't then bad things will happen and we can't lose you "

" mommy will it hurt "

" nope you will be asleep and won't feel a thing. "

" Okay do i get ice cream afterwards "

"Yep as much ice cream as you want "

" Really "

" Yep But you have to be a big boy okay and be nice with the doctors . "

" Will you hold me daddy for a couple minutes before i have to go "

" Yes of course come here " i held him and he was snuggled in my chest

" you promise i will feel better afterwards "

" yes "

" Could i die "

" I want to say no bub but i cant tell you that it isn't the right answer "

" okay " i looked at his perfect little sweet face and i wanted to break down crying i didn't understand how a little happy kid could end up in this position i dont want my little boy to go into surgery that terrifies me " Will you protect me from all the bad dreams daddy "

" Yeah "

" Okay " i. Kissed his head and then they came in with a gurney i put hunk on top and kissed his Linotype hard as betts did to then they wheeled him off .. Me and betts had to wait in the waiting room but i decided to go to the store with instead and we can buy him some presents to make him feel better for after the surgery and sadly I did the worst thing I could ever do. I was sad and upset so I yelled at betty and I was in the military I yell pretty loud she tried to walk away but I grabbed her arm so I could apologize but I was to rough and it tore her shoulder out of the socket. She held her shoulder sobbing and she ran off. * to be continued *