lucas

member: lucas
description: your sister's boyfriend is interested in someone else who happens to be you. (slightly mature)
words: 1720
-

"i'll be right back," your older sister, loren said, getting up from the couch leaving a space between yourself and her boyfriend, lucas. you watched as she pranced upstairs, her long hair bouncing with each step.

descendants of the sun played quietly on the large flat-screen TV in front of you. The room was nearly silent. You glanced over at your sister's boyfriend slyly, admiring his side profile. He was so undeniably handsome, you couldn't stop staring at him. You had always been slightly jealous of your sister, she always got the good ones.

Lucas cleared his throat, startling you a bit. "Do you need something?" he asked turning his head in your direction, his eyes meeting yours. Your heart leaped when you noticed a small smirk on his lips. He knew you had been staring.

"Umm, I-I was just thinking," you lied, biting the inside of your cheek lightly.

"About what?" Lucas asked, seeming genuinely interested.

You panicked, not expecting him to press further. Mind blank, you simply told the truth. "Okay, you got me...I-I was just looking at you."

Lucas chuckled, running a hand through his fluffy brown hair. "That's interesting, I've never been stared at for five complete minutes before..."

"Personally I find that hard to believe," you grinned, tucking your legs under yourself as you grew a bit more comfortable. You were slowly coming out of your shell.

"Oh really? Why is that?" Lucas asked grinning back at you. He shifted a bit closer to you, not too much to make you uncomfortable, just enough for him to recline slightly on the arm of the couch.

"You have got to be kidding me, don't tell me you're mister 'i don't know i'm hot'. You've got this whole, 'confident, cute, college guy' thing going on." you said without giving your words a second thought, "So yes, I find it hard to believe that you haven't been stared at before for long periods of time."

"Aww, come on don't flatter me. I'm just an average looking dude," Lucas joked, unintentionally moving closer.

"Whatever, I'm sure you had many girls and boys drooling over you before you started dating my sister," you replied.

"Well, there was this one guy..." Lucas started, his brown eyes gazing at the ceiling feigning wistfulness.

"Was he cute?" you asked immediately, closing the gap between the two of you. Neither of you seemed to notice the small distance left between you two.

Lucas stared a little too long at your face, making you slightly self conscious. "I don't really swing that way, but for your info, he wasn't as cute as you."

You mouth hung open slightly. Did he just call me cute? "Are you flirting with me?" you asked.

"Maybe." Lucas shrugged, glancing back at the TV. You couldn't help the flutter in your chest. An attractive guy, with a nice personality, was flirting with you. A guy who happened to be your sister's boyfriend.

You stared at the side of his chiseled face once more, and opened your mouth to say something. Before your words could come out, you heard Loren's steps as she made her way back down the staircase. Suddenly noticing your proximity to her boyfriend, you hastily scooted back to the corner of the sofa.