taeyong

member: taeyong
description: you're the princess of Netize (lol) and you're due for marriage. little does your father know, you've already fallen for a mere village boy.
words: 2540
-

you burst into the throne room where your father, the king, sat drinking wine and munching on imported cheese. you were extremely angry at him and you were about to explode. you marched down the long velvet carpet, clutching your puffy dress at the sides.

"father, what is this?!" you screamed, handing him a flyer that was just one of many posted up around the kingdom. you were the only one in the entire land with the guts to disrespect the king. the two servants that provided the cheese and wine bowed as they were dismissed by a wave of the king's hand.

your father, already knew how you would react. he knew it was only a matter of time before you saw the flyers.

"y/n darling, they are flyers for the royal match-making ceremony. you are due for marriage soon. you know the procedure, the same thing happened to your older sister. she married prince doyoung, who is now the king of Ambul. she is now a queen, wouldn't you want the same thing?" he asked trying to convince you.

you took a seat on your mother's throne next to your father. you faced him and spoke, "father, i am not ready for a husband. i have not even turned twenty." you complained.

"sweetheart, i married your mother a day after her 18th birthday."

"that's weird father." you said, using a new slang word you had learned from a friend.

"weird? and what might that mean?" your father asked.

"father, 'weird' means strange...or absurd." you explained.

"you should stop conversing with the peasants. you are beginning to sound like one yourself." he said disapprovingly. "your mother would have a fit,"

"anything could send mother into a fit.." you joked.

"come to think of it, that is true," your father replied, chuckling heartily.

"am i being spoken of!?" your mother's voice called out from the hallway. she entered the room with her hands on her hips.

"now now darling.." the king began

-

the sun had set and it was time for you to meet your friend. he lived just across the river in a cottage with a few orphans. you ran into the woods, after you had snuck past the palace guards. you were only in a silky black gown and a pair of sandals you had stolen from your mother's enormous closet.

when you reached the river you spotted a figure splashing in the water. it appeared to be a little boy. he was naked.

"hey you, little boy!" you called. the child turned around and approached you. you bent down to look closely at him. "why are you out here so late at night?" you questioned.

"it's bath time." he said. you asked him where he lived, and sure enough he pointed to your friend's cottage. the boy must've been newly orphaned.

"where is tae-" you began, suddenly startled by the sound of splashing in the river as a masculine figure emerged from the water.

"hello princess." taeyong spoke, pushing his damp, jet black hair out of his face. he stood in the water, completely bare. the dark water hid his pale body from the waist down.

you placed a hand over your chest, "taeyong! you fiend! you surprised me." you shouted, not even bothered that someone might've heard your shout. taeyong smiled lovingly at you.