xiaojun

member: xiaojun
description: eighteen and pregnant. as cliche as it sounds, it was your reality.
words: 1490
-

you tossed and turned in your bed, wrapping the covers tightly around your body. you were struggling to sleep and you had to go to school in the morning. one minute you were hot, and the next you were freezing. you sighed loudly, sat up and switched on your bedside lamp. you got up to close the window that you had opened when you were experiencing hot flashes. your feet padded quietly on the carpeted floor. you internally screamed when you saw that the sky was beginning to brighten. you firmly shut the window.

a faint vibrating noise sounded from across your room. you retrieved your phone from your desk and climbed back into bed, burying yourself in the covers.

12:23am
incoming call from xiaojun💍

you shuffled around before answering the call. "hello." you spoke groggily into the phone. you could hear some movement through the phone before xiaojun answered.

"hi baby, how are you feeling right now?" he spoke, his soft voice flowed through the receiver.

"i'm so tired and i can't sleep properly with this mountain of a stomach." you complained frustratedly. xiaojun chuckled and you heard the sound of footsteps but you didn't question it.

"what about-h-how's your mom?" he questioned stuttering slightly, unsure of how to ask.

ever since the incident with you getting pregnant, your mom has been a bit depressed. she didn't take the news really well. she's had been blaming herself and saying that it's all her fault because she's a single parent and is not always around when you need her. you hated the fact that you made her like that.

"she's uh..she's getting better, but she's still a bit closed off." you replied. xiaojun hummed in acknowledgement.

"open your window, i'm coming up."

"are you sure that's a good idea? i mean...me letting you into my room at night...that's kinda how we got in this predicament in the first place." you said half joking, half serious. you got up and opened the curtains.

"haha very funny, if it makes you feel any better i won't even touch you."

"okay whatever," you replied watching as xiaojun's silhouette moved around outside your window with his backpack.

-

school was hectic and you honestly regret applying for the stem program. the teachers gave out assignments like it was going out of fashion. even with the bit of sleep you got last night you were tired, sluggish and uncomfortable. your uniform felt smaller and smaller every week. xiaojun had given you his hoodie that morning and you gratefully accepted it.

ever since the whole incident he had become a bit more mature and responsible. when he first explained to his parents, they were extremely upset with him. his dad, in particular, was very angry. "since you're such a man, i hope you're prepared to take responsibility for your actions. you're lucky that y/n's mom likes you," he had said at the end of his rant. evidently those words resonated with xiaojun.

you met up with one of your friends in the hallway, and headed to the cafeteria together. while you were in the lunch line, xiaojun popped out of nowhere and surprised you. he smiled, took your tray and lead you to the table he usually sat at with his friends. you waved goodbye to your friend and let xiaojun sweep you away with him.