winwin

member: winwin
description: you've been married to sicheng for five years and you love each other to death. but, after a home invasion you realize that he is not the man you think he is.
words: 3545
-

it was 11:00pm and your husband still wasn't home. you were not worried though, he often came home late from work. he was a businessman after all and 'business never ends!' as he liked to say. he sometimes came home from work only to lock himself in his office and work til the sunrise. he wasn't a bad husband and he never neglected you, he was just busy. at the end of the day his wife and his son were his top priorities.

you were reading a novel in your bed with the bedside lamp casting a glow around the room. your four year old son, lifan, was sleeping peacefully beside you. he had fallen asleep while waiting for his daddy...uwu. sicheng usually called you if he was going to come home later than 11:30pm, but again maybe he was simply too busy.

his company was growing rapidly and they were setting up branches in other countries. sicheng's paycheck increased drastically within only a few months, not that you were complaining. how else would you afford the three story mansion that you were living in? you, sicheng and your son were living it up. it showed in everything you did. honestly your life was a dream come true.

suddenly, your phone rang. finally, a call from sicheng. you picked it up immediately, without looking at the caller id. under the assumption that it was your husband on the line, you answered.

"sicheng baby, when are you coming home? lifan fell asleep waiting for you!" you scolded playfully. the line was silent. "hello?" you said. only then did you look at the caller id.

it wasn't sicheng.

"turn off your lamp...unless, you'd like me to do it for you..." a dark ominous voice spoke. the call abruptly ended and a loud screeching sound came through phone, causing you to drop it and cover your ear. the screech was not like a scream, but like the sound a microphone makes when it's dropped.

your heart raced and you glanced over at the lamp. it suddenly flicked off

"what the fuck is happening," you mumbled, scared out of your mind. you didn't usually cuss, normally you stopped yourself by placing a hand over your mouth, it was a habit you picked up after the birth of your son. you didn't want his first word to be a bad one.

you got up soundlessly and headed towards the light switch. you flicked the switch. nothing. you flicked it up and down a few times. absolutely nothing. no electricity.

you jumped when your phone vibrated. you approached it with caution. you received a text.

11:21pm
! you have one new message

i told you i'd turn it off. you're lucky, i'm a gentleman.

that's when you went nuts. your breathing picked up and your head began to ache. you paced the room, as you dialed sicheng's number. you pushed your hair out of your face and placed a hand over your beating heart while waiting for him to pick up.

"c'mon answer the phone.." you mumbled quietly, trying to slow your breathing down.

"hello, this is sicheng-"

you breathed a sigh of relief.

"-sorry i couldn't come to the phone right now, i'll call you back soon. feel free to send me an e-mail." it was only a voicemail.

tears formed in your eyes, and for the second time that loud screeching sound returned. you threw the phone to the floor and neared your bed. you raised the mattress and grabbed a key, that sicheng always kept tucked there. "emergencies only," he always told you. this was more than an emergency.