renjun

member: renjun
description: renjun is so helplessly in love with you that he is willing to sacrifice his dignity and his pride just to be with you. (highschool au)
words: 1897
-

"i'm gonna confess to her." renjun said with a look of determination on his face as he looked up at the blue, cloudless sky. he was seated on the bleachers of his high school with his two bestfriends, jaemin and jeno.

"eiii, are you serious? you can't even look at y/n without sweating." jaemin teased, punching renjun softly on his shoulder.

"i will," renjun replied, his voice wavering slightly. his eyes trailed down to the field where he spotted you and couple others playing soccer. you smiled brightly as you passed the ball skillfully between your own two feet, confusing the boy in front of you who was trying to steal the ball.

the boy tripped over his feet, and reached out to stabilize himself. in a quick motion, he had fallen on top of you and the two of you went tumbling down onto the grass. renjun watched the whole thing.

"guys, who's that dude?" renjun asked, noticing how you were in no rush to get the boy off of you.

"that's johnny seo, senior heartthrob, and y/n's ex boyfriend." jeno said.

"she dated a senior!?" renjun exclaimed. if you were into senior boys then he probably stood no chance. you were just a junior, as well as renjun and his friends.

"yeah, in fact, most of her friends are senior guys." jeno replied.

"do you think that she would like someone like me?" renjun asked, looking up at his best friends who sat on the bench above the one he was seated on.

"someone like you, as in, a quiet chinese kid who likes to draw cartoon characters and sing? i don't know man." jaemin shrugged. renjun looked down at the field once again. you were running after the ball while johnny clung onto you, his arms around your waist as he tried to slow you down. you both were smiling widely like children.

i guess i'll have to make her like me. that can't be too hard. right?, renjun thought.

-

"guys, seriously that's enough for today! i cant feel my legs!" you screamed flopping onto the grass dramatically. the school bell had rung nearly five minutes ago but jaehyun had insisted that you guys continue playing for just a few more minutes. luckily, you didn't ride the bus. they were probably all gone by now.

"get up, y/n. let me take you home. jaehyun! doyoung! let's bounce." johnny said, as he pulled you up off the ground. you got up and jumped onto his back.

"giddy up!" you yelled as johnny carried you to his car, that was parked just near the field. jaehyun and doyoung followed carrying yours and johnny's bag along with their own.

-

renjun was running.

he had rushed to the snack bar, in the cafeteria that was nearly closed. when he got there, he bought what he wanted and was running. running to where he knew you'd be.

"this is the stupidest idea our renjunie has ever had." jaemin sighed.

jeno nodded in agreement. "he's about to lose all his dignity for a girl that would probably never date him."