072 • letter

"Yes."

Jihoon stared at Soonyoung and Seokmin, who were now kissing passionately in the middle of the airport. He is glad that his plan worked, and he is also glad that Soonyoung is now finally happy.

Naghiyawan ang mga kasamahan nila pati na rin ang ibang nakikinood lang. Happiness and love filled the air inside the airport,

which suffocates Jihoon.

"Hey, aren't you happy for them?" Minghao stood by his side and like Jihoon, the younger wasn't cheering for the couple.

"I am," Jihoon replied, with his stoic face. "In fact, I am so happy for them."

Minghao chuckled. "Yes, you are. Pero masaya ka ba para sa sarili mo?"

Kunot-noong nilingon ni Jihoon si Minghao. "What do you mean?"

"What do you feel, exactly?" Minghao smiled at him. "You know I'm the person who understands you the most, and I know that you aren't genuinely happy."

Natahimik si Jihoon nang marinig ang sinabi ni Minghao. The younger was right. To be honest, hindi talaga siya masaya. Jihoon wants to be happy, kasi successful ang plano niya, sinagot ni Seokmin si Soonyoung, masaya lahat ng tao sa paligid nila. But there's something that hinders him from being happy for the both of them.

Isa pa itong mabigat na pakiramdam sa dibdib niya na hindi niya malaman kung ano ba.

"Look at them hyung and be honest," itinuro ni Minghao si Soonyoung at Seokmin. "Anong nararamdaman mo?"

Jihoon looked at them and in his surprise, he felt a pang in his chest that caused his eyes to well up with tears.

"My chest hurts," Jihoon answered honestly. "Naiiyak din ako. What's the meaning of this?"

From his peripheral vision, he saw Minghao smiled. "You remember that time when I told you that I like Soonyoung hyung?" tumango naman si Jihoon. "Turns out it was just all in my head, because I did not want to accept the fact that I was in love with Mingyu, my best friend. Iniisip ko noon, why the hell would I fall in love with my best friend? No way. And when I saw that he was getting along with Wonwoo hyung, and when I heard that he likes him, na-realize ko. I'm in love with my best friend."

"How is that significant to what I'm feeling now?"

Natawa si Minghao. "I can't tell you. It's for you to find out."

Jihoon deadpanned. "What?"

"You know what's our difference, hyung?" Minghao smiled sheepishly. "I realised it sooner."

Jihoon stood there with a confused look on his face. Natawa na lang si Minghao dahil mukhang hindi naman na-gets ni Jihoon ang nais niyang iparating. But realising those things would take a lot of time. Minghao is not expecting Jihoon to realise it right away, lalo na at napakagulo ng sitwasyon nila.

Baka nga kailangang may mawala pa bago iyon mangyari.

"Minghao," humarap si Jihoon kay Minghao at yumuko. "Can you give me a hug?"

Napangiti naman si Minghao. "Oo naman, hyung. Halika nga."

Jihoon took a step closer to Minghao as the younger locked him in his arms. Minghao started caressing his hair, and Jihoon doesn't know why but a tear suddenly fell from his eyes, hanggang sa nagtuloy-tuloy na ang pagtulo ng mga ito. Humigpit ang pagkakayakap ni Jihoon kay Minghao, and the latter knew that his hyung is in a very deep pain, which the older is oblivious of.

If only Minghao could tell him what he really sees, ginawa na niya. Pero alam naman kasi niya na hindi maaaring diktahan ang isang tao, lalo na at may mga bagay pa na pumipigil para makita nila ang totoo.

What's the worse that could happen if Minghao would tell Jihoon?

The older might get depressed over it, lalo na at Jihoon always tends to overthink everything. Kaya sa ngayon, mag-stay na lang siya sa tabi ni Jihoon at magiging handa siya hanggang dumating ang oras na ma-realise na ni Jihoon ang pagkakamali sa buhay nila.

"Minghao, why do I feel like I lost everything?"

Natigilan si Minghao nang marinig niya iyon. "Because you did, hyung."

x