Chapter 1

A/N: Hello everyone and welcome to book 3! If you've come here looking for fun, lovey dovey moments and all around heart eyes... you probably want to close this book (laptop). Now. As you saw with our first part, you have entered THE TWILIGHT ZONE. Just kidding, but seriously, welcome to what I would subtitle this book as The Nightmare. Don't worry, this is gonna be a blast!!  (⊙‿⊙✿)

Anyways, this book picks up about 2 months after the Epilogue of Disguised Beauty and roughly about 8 months after the events of Disfigured Beauty. Again, I love to start out slow, I truly do, but I can promise this one is not as slow as the first two books. We will again, go to a once a week release on Thursday evenings at 8pm. I'll inform you all should there be a two part release week! 

On the side for each chapter will be an image of each character in our books (at least how I imagine them, you can picture them any way you wish). First up is our lovely Sigyn! 

Finally, sit back, hold on to your blankets and feels and welcome to Destroyed Beauty.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The God of Thunder, Thor, had called the entire council to order. It had been two months since anyone had seen him as he had been spending most of his time with the Lady Jane on Midgard. Everyone had assembled in the throne room, awaiting Thor who had asked for Heimdall to gather them together.

The Warriors Three, Sif, and Véar stood to Sigyn’s right. While Odin, Captain Helin and Loki were on her left. Véar had already taken a liking to Loki, but the rest of Thor’s friends were a different case. Sif, who had always had a bit of pent up anger towards Loki for what he did to Thor, looked down upon Sigyn for choosing the God of Mischief. She didn’t hate Sigyn, but she didn’t hide her hatred for the man. Volstagg was wary of Loki, always watching out for Thor and the rest of his friends but he never expressed displeasure towards Sigyn. Fandral was one of the more forgiving of the group; understanding of Sigyn as he had seen the way the pair of them had been before Loki’s ‘death’ almost eight months ago. Hogun had always been approving of Sigyn and Loki, more because it made Sigyn happy and he had always seen a better side of Loki when they were younger. 

Odin and Captain Helin had not been as welcoming of Sigyn and Loki’s relationship. Odin was doing everything to ensure that the pair was separated at all times, as if he could do that. Heimdall was indifferent about their relationship, if he was lying about how he felt, Sigyn did not know.

At that precise moment, Heimdall entered the throne room, followed closely by Thor… and the Lady Jane? Sigyn's face screwed up in confusion, trying to figure out why Lady Jane had accompanied Thor as Odin had banished her shortly after her departure from Asgard several months ago, proclaiming that Thor was distracted by her prescence. It wasn’t information that many were aware of, only the council.

“My love, if you continue to make that face it may become stuck like that.” Loki whispered, giving her hand a gentle squeeze. 

The blonde goddess slightly rolled her eyes at him, sliding her eyes up to see a small grin covering his face. By Odin, did she love him, but she dare not admit how much.

The past two months had been taxing on the couple, especially Sigyn. Before her friends, she was strong and unyielding when it came to how she felt about Loki, but in the privacy of her chambers, she was not so sure. It wasn’t that she didn’t love him but rather that she was afraid to fully love him. Even with Sango gone and the realms once again in balance, she was still petrified of losing the Trickster.