Chapter 14

A/N: I love how many of you have been reading this series and are finally caught up with it that now you have to sit and wait for me! Seriously, it's those comments that make me crack up because I'm sitting here wishing I could just give you guys the entire book (btw, it's completely done!). While this chapter may be seen as a 'filler' chapter, I can most assuredly tell you that there are tons of details littered in this text that are important to what happens. The song on the side is just what I believe Sigyn's inner monologue would sound like, please take a listen!...Enjoy and see you all Thursday! 

Also, thank you all for bearing through this atrocity of a series, especially this book. I can't believe that the first two books have so many reads already!! I can't thank you guys enough for the support :) 

Up where the mountains meet the heavens above
Out where the lightning splits the sea
I could swear that there's someone somewhere watching me
Through the wind and the chill and the rain
And the storm and the raging flood
Oh, his approach is like a fire in my blood

I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night...

¶•¶•¶•¶•¶•¶•¶•¶•¶•¶•¶•¶•¶•¶•¶•¶

The Vanir rolled over, the morning light hardly peaking out from behind the curtains. The cat had disappeared, not that she was too terribly surprised; the cat she had in Vanaheim had left her after only a week of living with her and her family. Everyone left her in the end, so why should a cat be any different? 

Looking around and leaving her thoughts behind, she saw that someone else was missing: Myndéa. 

She had asked Eméra to leave the door to her room unlocked so that Myndéa could let herself in. Getting out of bed and fixing her hair a tad, she knew she needed to find her friend; there was no telling what trouble her friend had gotten into. 

Putting a wrap over her shoulders, Sigyn headed down the hallway, deciding to start with Fandral as she knew that the warrior had probably seen Myndéa last.  Careful as to not wake the rest of the palace up, she walked barefoot down the hallways down to Fandral’s room. 

She loved the feeling of the cool stone along her feet, the way it would ping when she stepped and the sound that echoed down the hallway. Her memories flooded back to the first time she walked down these hallways barefoot as a prisoner. Thor had been so kind to her and had snuck her a pair of shoes to keep her feet warm in the prison. Sometimes she missed the simple life she had in the prison, if you could call it that.

A few turns later and she found herself in front of the warrior’s room. Giving a soft tap, she heard some noise on the other side of the door, but it was too muffled to make out. A soft click came as the lock turned and the door creaked open just to reveal Fandral – a stammering and half naked Fandral.

He stood with his trousers half falling off as if he had just slipped them on. His chest was glinting with sweat, his hair disheveled and his cheeks flushed. He was about to say something when a voice from behind him called out seductively from his bed. 

“Sir Fandral, come back to bed and send your handmaiden away. You have yet to prove your stamin- SIGYN!” 

Myndéa, who had approached Fandral from behind - naked - and was allowing her fingers to trace Fandral’s abdomen, quickly snagged a fur from the floor and covered herself. Her face was red, her skin glistened and her hair was strewn in every direction as well. Sigyn quickly looked away, a bit embarrassed herself to have walked in on the scandal. It wasn't unusual to walk in on Fandral sleeping with woman; it had happened many a time to her as well as Eméra. But to discover him sleeping with her friend? It was quite a surprise to say the least, leaving her at a loss for words.