Chapter 11

A/N: Happy New Year and welcome to 2015!! I am so excited to share these new chapters with you, and you will be getting them twice a week as I have NEARLY finished the book (I am currently on Chapter 19)! There is more news to come which I will share with you at the end of this book. Oh! and I have all the character's images up now - you can go back and look at some of them - and there are more to come! They're just how I imagine them; you can imagine them differently as that's the BEST part about books ^_^ As for the time being, sit back and relax as we dive in to the second half of Destroyed Beauty and see you on the 5th for the next update!

¶•¶•¶•¶•¶•¶•¶•¶•¶•¶•¶

Watching the soapy water flow around her toes as she submerged them was therapeutic to her turbulent mind. Sigyn had decided to take a bath after speaking with Thor, the hot water promising to soothe her skin as well as cleanse her of the sticky substance that had been on her fingers from the Chunky Monkey container - such a strange name for such a delicious food.

Toweling off, she began to braid her hair down her back. It was late into the evening, far too late so summon Eméra to fetch her another blanket. Winter was upon Asgard and the nights were turning far colder than the fire just to warm her up at night. It would be dreadful for Sigyn to call for Eméra now and draw her from her warm bed.

The young handmaiden had been busying herself with Sigyn lately in the medical ward, as she often needed an extra hand. It wasn't that Eméra wasn't fine company, because she was. It was only that she often held back her true thoughts, worried that her words would only lead to a termination to her employment. Slipping into the hallway, Sigyn made her way to where the extra blankets were held.

She was just about to round the corner back to her room, a blanket in hand, when she heard two voices whispering just in front of her doorway. The stone was cold as she slid her body along the wall in hopes to see who was consorting in the hallway. She couldn't see him, but she could hear him - Loki.

Blocking her view to her Prince was a woman, a woman whom she had never seen before. Her top was green and strapless, the material creating a sweetheart neckline over her breasts - that was far too low in her opinion - and the bottom frilling out in strips that just covered her upper thigh. Her bottoms were black leather with rings of gold stretching down her legs. On top of her head, she wore a green headpiece that framed her face, blonde hair spilling out behind it. Her hips swayed as she walked backwards down the hallway. Sigyn felt her heart sputter, her ears began to burn and her nails digging into the wall; jealousy was such a new and unfamiliar feeling.

"I don't see why we can't mix a little pleasure with business my love." The blonde whispered out in a seductive tone, practically throwing her body on Loki.

Sigyn strained to hear his exact words, but she could hear the hostility in his voice. "...You know what I require of you," He hissed, "You are still able to deliver your part of the deal?"

"Of course my Prince, as long as you are." She placed her had on his chest, lightly letting her fingers trace over the gold plates that adorned his chest.

Turning away from the situation, Sigyn pressed her back firmly against the stone, her chest rising and falling with the anger and hurt that swelled within her. The thoughts and memories of Theoric's double life - the initial thoughts of him being intimate with another - clouded her head. She would not let Loki get away with this as well, not him nor his enchantress.

Taking a deep breath, she rounded the corner and continued marching straight towards the pair who were too involved in their close talk to notice Sigyn advancing on them. It was Loki, as he was facing the direction she was coming from, that noticed her first.