Chapter 15

A/N: So I write this note to you dying in science hall annoyed beyond all reason. Just kill me okay? Anyways, this chapter jumps around, again, but I swear it has a point to all the jumping around as we have several stories going on at once. It was one of my favorite chapters to write (aside from chapter 17) but I still enjoy it. Song on the side is a favorite of mine and reflects Loki's thoughts on his relationshp with Sigyn... I'm sorry. See ya Tuesday! 

When you're dreaming with a broken heart
The giving up is the hardest part
She takes you in with her crying eyes
Then all at once you have to say goodbye
Wondering, "Could you stay my love?
Will you wake up by my side?"
No she can't, 'cause she's gone, gone, gone, gone,

Gone....

¶•¶•¶•¶•¶•¶•¶•¶•¶•¶•¶•¶•¶•¶

The god never understood why Thanos referred to his domain as “The Sanctuary”, as it was anything but that. He could only surmise that the Titan believed himself to be a benevolent ruler instead of a destroyer of life. While his time on this asteroid had never been a pleasant one, and even though he would enjoy this moment of revenge, he knew that the end result would ultimately bring his own death and destruction. Loki had always been prepared to die, but he was not prepared to let another die for him.

“What news does the bastard son of Laufey bring to me? And adorned in his finest armor?” The grim smile of Thanos was radiant in the starlight as he continued.  “Have you come to willfully surrender yourself unto me and be seated on the throne of Asgard?”

“There is no need for formalities Thanos; I have come to… dethrone you.” Loki’s unwavering confidence lied upon a single smirk drawn across his face.

The grin on Thanos’ face diminished in a moment’s notice. A glare followed the Prince of as the Titan stood, his suspended throne coming to meet the mischievous god. The horned helmet of Loki shimmered in the same starlight that lit up the King’s cruel glare as he laced his hands behind his back, his voice arrogant and smug.

“I did not stutter Titan, your downfall has been set into motion. Even at this very hour you are one more heartbeat closer to death.”

The arrogant tone of the god did not sit well with the soon-to-be ruler of Universe. In his mind, he was the only one who could be smug and all knowing. Children are to be seen but not heard, but it was obvious that his son did not wish to abide by those rules.

“What are you? To believe that you could just so easily destroy me, the ruler of the universe?” Thanos spit, his massive form blocking nearly every inch of light that had been at one time reflecting off the horned helmet of the god 

“Not one hair upon the Lady Sigyn’s head shall be harmed. Heed this warning Thanos; she will be your undoing and the one that will destroy darkness itself.” Loki wasted no time in showing the motives behind his words; Sigyn – the only woman he had ever truly loved and would for the rest of his short - and growing shorter during every passing word of this discussion – life.

“Speak plainly peasant, I tire of this pointless banter – you only prolong your death as well as the Lady Amora’s.” The Jotun did not look away nor did give the King the pleasure of seeing a reaction, but still Thanos continued.  “Of course I know of her part in this, do not think I cannot feel her magic upon you at this very moment.”