Chapter 3

A/N: GAH, I'm so so so sorry this is like 4 hours late; school and work are driving me into the ground. It's taken me four days to type up one chapter (I'm stuck on 10 right now). First off, congrats to Mr. Cumberbatch on the engagement; sooooo happy for him! Second, I have placed all three books into the "Wattys 2014". Vote or don't, that's fine with me, just thought I'd throw that out there. Enough chatter though, let's get on with the show! By the way, Chapter 4 and 5 are a couple of my favorites while this one starts to pick up the pace of our story. Enjoy!

P.S - Your comments make me smile and laugh, even if I never answer you! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The preparations for Jane’s wedding were coming together faster and were far more outlandish than she and Theoric’s had ever been. Part of her was insanely jealous that their plans could move so fast compared to hers and Theoric’s, but Thor was around more often to make choices that Jane asked of him, unlike Theoric.

Sigyn tried not to be jealous of Jane by making herself scarce when the Midgardian had a question regarding wedding details, but some how she always managed to find Sigyn instead of Sif or Véar.

“Do you believe Asgard’s version of lily’s would suit well as a bouquet?” 

The girl nodded, hoping that this would be her only question as she did not know what a Midgardian version of a lily was compared to Asgards flowers. But alas it was not, as she began to babble on. 

“What of the dress I last put on and showed you? And do you think red for the bridesmaids? Do you think that maybe it is too much to have the ceremony in the hall?”

The goddess began to understand everyone’s irritation with her during her own wedding preparations. While she had not been as persistent as Jane, her wedding had been set out months in advance while Jane had set a limit of only a month out. Then again, this was Asgard and if a wedding needed to happen in a day, it would happen.

Sigyn was lost in her thoughts as she began to procure a few more flasks at Véar’s request while she was attending to one of the head maids in the palace who had gone into labor a few hours ago. She and her husband had been trying for over six years to have a child, something Sigyn found oddly beautiful and tragic all at the same time.

“Lady Sigyn?” 

“Yes? Sorry my friend, I was lost in thought.” Sigyn replied, putting down a flask to turn her attention back to Jane.

“It is okay, I have a rather odd question to ask." Sigyn made a gesture to continue. "I was wondering if you and Prince Loki have been… intimate.”

The goddess looked bewildered at Lady Jane as if she could hardly believe she had dared to ask such a question.

“No, Loki and I have not been intimate." Sigyn started, trying to find the words to address the question as to not offend Jane. "It is dishonorable to do so before marriage in Asgard. My family’s name has been tarnished my parents and my brother and I wish to be the exception. I desire restore my name to an honorable standard... Have you and Thor?”

Jane’s face turned red and she shook her head slightly, playing with a fabric she had been choosing beforehand for the tapestries to hang for the wedding.

“No, though I did embarrassed myself last night. I snuck into his room and attempted to persuade him to partake in such activities, but he pushed me away. It was not until I spoke with Lady Véar this morning that I discovered it is not normal to sleep together before you are married.”