Chapter 9: From Now On

"I didn't know that this was the kind of business you had in mind," I panted. I was straddling him, and I couldn't gather my thoughts. Two naked and sweaty bodies tangled around each other, claiming something that we both desperately wanted and I loved every single minute of it. "Trust me, this is business," he said back through clenched teeth. Both of his large hands grabbed my hips and he moved the lower half of my body in a circular motion on his erection until my body was trembling again.

"Oh shit!" I screamed. His hand flew over my mouth but that didn't stop him from torturing me even more. Every time he moved, it sent me over the edge. With me being on top, I would have thought that I had to do all of the work, but he pretty much had everything covered. A few seconds later, it happened again. Within twenty more minutes, it happened again and again and again until I lost count and I had collapsed on top of him struggling to catch my breath. This was only round two. "I swear if we didn't have to eat," he said, not continuing his statement.

"What? If we didn't have to eat, then what?" I asked, knowing what he was getting at. "If we didn't have to eat, you wouldn't be able to walk. Come on," he said, rolling to the edge of the bed. Whoa. That was an extremely bold statement.

I watched him as he went to stand up and he paused before taking off the condom. "Uh oh," he whispered under his breath. I stared at the ceiling, still living in my state of bliss with a huge smile on my face. "Uh oh? What could possibly be wrong?" I asked, still sounding cheerful and relaxed. I turned my head to look at him and pure panic shot through my soul. I knew a broken condom when I saw one.

"HOW IN THE HELL DID THAT HAPPEN?!" I screamed as I sprang up from where I was laying. "Syd, chill for a second. Maybe it was just these cheap ass condoms. It's not even anything to get so worked up about. You have your period and problem solved," he said calmly. "Danny, how can you be so calm? What if my period doesn't come? What if your little soldiers make it to one of my eggs and all that biology bullshit?" A slew of questions flowed from my lips until he leaned over and scooped me up in his arms with a smile on his face. "What are you smiling for?! Are you going to answer me or just stand there looking crazy?!" He pressed his lips against mine to shut me up. "If your period doesn't come, you're going to sit your little ass down, be mine, and have my baby." Any anger left in my body had disappeared. He was giving me butterflies. I couldn't believe how calm he was being about this and how he was so dead set on me having a baby. I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life, I hadn't gotten that far with my thoughts and plans. Plus, I was still pretty fucked up from last year. "Danny you know this isn't easy for me. Don't put me through that again," I put on my pouty face, "What if I'm not ready for a baby?" He kissed my forehead and put me down on my feet. "Then all of this will blow over everything happens for a reason. You're just overreacting right now. You'll have your little period and all that gross shit you girls have to go through and you'll still be mine until we're ready. It'll work out, so just push that in the back of your mind for now. Don't even worry about it."

He bent down and pulled his shorts up and gave me his large t-shirt. We strolled into the kitchen where he went over to find some pots and pans while I sat at the island. I had taken in just about every single detail about this place and so far this had only been my second time here. "How in the hell did you score a place as nice as this?" It was a large two bedroom apartment. Everything in here looked like it had just been built from the ground up. Brand new appliances and all graced the kitchen, and the bed felt like you were sleeping on clouds. "The landlord here is so damn senile that he's never asked me for a dime in rent money. Otherwise, I'd be paying close to eight hundred dollars a month, so thank God utilities are included. I just slide him two hundred every so often just so the other neighbors don't get suspicious. As for the appliances, Ryan knows a guy that knows our parents."

"Why'd you leave home then? Seems like Mommy and Daddy have their two baby boys spoiled. Why leave?" I asked. His expression grew serious as he took out the ingredients for hamburgers. "With a mom like mine, you wouldn't even want to live another day." I grabbed his hand from across the island. "Was she just mean to you guys?" I had to dig in deeper to understand. "Nope. I just hate the bitch. She's selfish, careless, and uses people, including her own children to get what she wants."

Wow. I had a mother who was hounding me all the time about the best of friends that I had kept since my freshman year of high school and he was battling abandonment with his mother. We were so much alike, but so different. "Did I upset you?" I asked softly. "No, not at all. Talking helps. It doesn't bother me nearly as much as it used to." I changed the subject, remembering the beach trip coming up in only a few days. "Well, I know this is off subject, but I can't wait for our trip to the beach. You're not going to stand me up, are you?," I said with a wink.

He seized my chin in his hand and kissed me, but he still hadn't answered my question. I didn't realize how badly I actually wanted him to tag along. "Well, are you going to answer my question?" I asked anxiously. "You still haven't answered mine. I mean, it's not actually a question, but it's still the elephant in the room," he said as he patted the ground beef down to prepare the burgers. I knew this was coming. I sat there for a moment, only wanting to be fair. Danny was beyond my wildest dreams. He didn't use any type of street drug and I knew that he didn't have any kids or any baggage. Maybe this could have worked.

I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't realize that I was staring out into space and Danny was standing across me, staring at me, waiting patiently for the words to leave my lips. "Have you made up your mind? Or are you going to sit up in my house and eat up all of my food?" he asked jokingly. I fought so hard not to laugh and then I dove across the counter, throwing my arms around his neck. I grabbed a fistful of his hair and kissed him, feeling confident and happy for the first time in a while. "Yes. I'll be yours," I said with a giant smile spread across my face. "Then yes, I will accompany you on your beach trip. Someone has to chaperone you two." I was glad that he wasn't deciding to be all mushy about this, but I knew it was coming. 

Nothing could compare to how shocked he left me in McDonald's when he started laying all of his feelings out on the table. "So you're trying to be responsible for me now?" I asked. He laughed, flipping the burgers out of the pan and onto a plate. "Of course. Especially since you're gonna have my babies," he said with a wink.

My jaw could have hit the counter. I snatched a wooden spoon from the silver cylinder of wooden utensils and lobbed it at his head. I narrowly missed him. "You said to push that to the back of my mind!" I yelled. "I know, but it's pretty damn funny to tease you about it," he said laughing boastfully. I guess I could get used to his smart little comments and dumb jokes. I didn't care though. I was laying my heart on the line after having only one serious relationship in my life and it was a complete disaster. It pretty much fucked up the entire way I saw relationships. Danny had been the same flirtatious person since the day I met him and my biggest concern was that he would change up on me. Even the best of people could turn into monsters whenever they got what they wanted.