7. Nandos With Jonnie?

I had promised myself a few weeks ago that I wouldn't look at the negative comments on Twitter, but I had broken it. It was hard to stay away, even though I tried. I didn't look at my mentions, only my timeline though

people I followed still wrote disgusting tweets to me. Once again, I sat back in my chair as the tears fell. "Pez?" a faint voice called through a small crack of the door. "What do you want?" I asked coldly as I wiped the tears from my face. I felt bad for Jade and the other girls; I had been shutting them out for nearly a whole week. I just really wanted to be left alone. "Jonnie's here." She said. Jonnie. I hadn't even spoken to him in days, I was a horrible sister. "Let him in, thanks." I said to Jade as I straightened up in my chair.

He walked through the door, looking at my fragile state. He came over as I stood up, embracing me in a tight hug. "Are you okay?" He said as he rubbed my back trying to comfort me. I pulled away. "No." I said as I let out a small laugh, feeling embarrassed as I was crying. "Come on, let's go out for lunch and we can talk and bond, since you've been ignoring me for decades." He teased. "It was like 3 days!" I retorted as I punched him playfully on the arm. "Whatever, go get ready I'll be outside." He said with a grin as he walked out of my room and shut the door. I smiled to myself, it would be nice to bond with my brother again; it's been so long.

I put on a pink tank top with black denim shorts and a pair of converse. Good enough, I didn't really feel like putting any effort into my looks today. I brushed out my hair and added a flower headband on top. I reapplied my makeup as my crying had ruined it. "I'm ready!" I said as I grabbed my phone and shoved it into one of my pockets and left my room. "Wow Perrie you actually look alive today!" Jade said. "Oh shut up." I said while laughing. It was true, I had been feeling depressed just locked up in my room. "Let's go." Jonnie said, "Bye Jade!" I said as we left the flat.

"Yay for Nandos!" I exclaimed as I saw that we were headed to Nandos. I loved living literally 5 minutes away from Nandos, it was perfect. "Right, you sit at that corner table, I have to piss." He said as he walked towards the loo. I shook my head, chuckling. I sat down on my seat and waited for him. I just really wanted peri peri chicken. I was in my own little world fantasising about all the different types of food when he came back and sat down across from me. "Took you long enough." I said as I snapped out of my little daydream and looked up into the familiar, dark brown eyes that I had secretly longed to see.

"What are you doing here?" I asked as I stiffened up. "I had to come back and make things right." He said with pleading eyes. "Yeah, no, I'm leaving." I said, standing up. He grabbed my hand, drawing my attention back to him. I withdrew my hand from his quickly. "There are paps around here!" I hissed. "It doesn't matter. Just give me one chance, if you still hate me after today I promise I'll leave you alone." He pleaded. It was so hard to turn away from him. I let out a sigh as I sat back down. "Fine, talk." I said. I didn't even want to eat anymore; I just wanted this to be over with. "I know I said this before, but I'll just say it again. I was worried that you wouldn't want a relationship to build if we were so distanced, I was afraid it wouldn't work. And I really like you Perrie, like a lot. I didn't want to risk it so I just didn't tell you, even though I should have. I'm so sorry for not telling you." He explained, looking into my eyes for forgiveness. I didn't want to forgive him that easily, but he had made a mistake. Everybody made mistakes. "I forgive you." I said softly.

Zayn let out a sigh of relief. "Thank you." "But if you ever lie to me about going to America again, it won't be this easy." I added sternly. "I won't. But I should tell you I leave in a day. Management only let me off for three days." I had to admit it. It was really sweet that he came all the way back just to apologise to me in person. "At least we can spend time together." I said grinning, as our food arrived. "God that chicken smells good." I said eyeing it. He laughed. "What's so funny?" I asked with a small pout. "Nothing, you're just so cute." He said smiling, making me blush. "Well thanks, let's eat now." I said as I wasted no time and dug into my food.

"I have never seen a girl eat that much before!" Zayn said chuckling as our fingers linked together while walking out of Nandos. "Well I like food." I said smiling. "And I like you." He said and he looked at me. Damn it, he always made me brush with the simplest comment. "You know what we should do?" He asked with a grin on his face. "What?" I asked, slightly terrified, he had a little mischievous look in his eyes. "Sing with him." He said as he motioned the street performer across the street. "You can't be serious." I said. "Oh yes, I am." He grinned and dragged me across the street. He immediately recognised Zayn. "May we sing with you?" He asked politely. The street performer was more than ecstatic to do so. He immediately strummed out a few familiar notes. "You're insecure, don't know what for. You're turning heads when you walk through the door. Don't need make up, to cover up, being the way that you are is enough." He started singing to me. I was slightly mortified. He was serenading me in a public with his own song. I mentally facepalmed, though I thought it was really cute in a way.

He grabbed both of my hands and gestured me to sing along with him in the chorus. I shook my head nervously. A crowd had already begun to form, I felt like I had to sing along with him. I waited until the chorus was over to sing his verse. "So come on, you got it wrong, to prove I'm right I put it in a song. I don't know why, you're being shy, and turn away when I looked into your eyes. Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone but you." I said as I stared into his eyes. I felt so happy in the moment. He joined in with me in the chorus, ending it there. Cheers and applause broke out, along with lots of squealing. "That was fun wasn't it?" He asked grinning. I nodded, even though I had felt nervous in the beginning. "We should totally do that again some time." I said with excitement. "And this." He said as he leaned down to kiss me softly and passionately on the lips; the first time in public, and it was absolutely breathtaking.