The Awaited Demon Chapter 1 (The Hallway)

I woke up like hell when I heard my alarm. I felt like my head is spinning and it aches. Damn. Where did my fucking body take me last night? That didn't felt like dreamland. It feels like a hangover.

It's almost time for school, so I took a shower and wore my uniform. When I looked at the mirror, I saw myself pale than the usual look I have everyday.

And as I stare at myself, I remember what happened last night. Was it a dream?

I barely saw a man's shadow, and I thought I heard him saying something like 'Queen?'. That's the only thing I remember. I don't possess the Queen of England. Why the fuck would he ask me about her?!

I closed my eyes, "It's just a nightmare, Adriana." I said to myself as I got out from the gate of my apartment.

I live alone in my apartment since my father never wanted to see me anymore. He pays all my expenses just to let me stay away from him. I don't know why he did that. I've been living with parents ever since, but he started acting weird after my Mom died 5 years ago.

He's been warning me not to enter his office back at the mansion. At first, I was able to keep my distance. But after several weeks, I was really worried of my Dad, I haven't seen him around the mansion anymore.
So, I took the courage to enter his office where I found him reading a big thick book.

I walked towards my neighbor's garage, "Good Morning, Mrs. Tomlinson." I greeted my neighbor as I walked pass her house, next to my apartment. She sells waffles and hot coffee which I prefer to have everyday as my breakfast.

Well, I don't have time to cook for myself at mornings, "Good Morning, Adriana." Mrs. Tomlinson smiled at me while handing me the waffle and coffee as I paid her.

So back to my father, I saw him, and he looked fucking weird. When I entered his office, he was reading a book, and as I roamed my eyes in his office, I saw different kinds of liquids in bottle with different colors. There were like blue ones, red or mixed ones in bottles. He looked miserable and I think he was on contact lenses at that time? Weirdo. So, the minute he saw me inside his office, he grabbed my wrist, and forcefully dragged me out of the house.

He asked his secretary to rent me an apartment. Out of the blue, he never talked to me again. After that incident, he never called me, nor checked if I'm still alive. I haven't heard of him ever since.

"Good Morning, Miss Lee." The school guard greeted. They know me because of my last name. My father owns a company, and I don't even know why he could manage to run such successful thing with a mindset he has right now.

"Morning, John." I replied to him with a smile.

Well, the coffee made me feel better, guess I was just hungry then.

I walked towards our classroom, with earphones on my ears. Music somehow eases the numbness I feel.

Without any knock, I opened the door, sat on my chair, and fixed my things on my desk. The professor isn't here yet, and the class looks like a real mess. I didn't glance at my classmates nor anybody. I just sat down and listened to my music. I got my drawing book out from a bag, and a pencil. I'm gonna draw the man I saw last night on the mirror. He was quite creepy in my imagination. I could still remember his face.

The class was quite loaded, I feel like more of the space is occupied. But I couldn't afford to look cause my mind is daydreaming, I'm trying to figure out if last night was a dream, or not.
I couldn't just let it pass without realizing what really happened.

What if he comes back tonight? What if he will rape me? Wait. What the fuck? Why am I even thinking about these things? So, I'm gonna draw his face, maybe I can somehow recognize him if I could see it once again.