The moment I fell in love with Ian Gallagher

I was in fucking juvie.
I got shot and I was in juvie?
How?

That bastard was jealous because his boytoy got tired of him and wanted to fuck me instead and shot me for it!
But what was I supposed to do? I stole from the store and Kash defended himself.
Of course, I could've told them about it but... then they'd know I'm fucking a guy.

I walked in on crutches into that visiting room thing.
I spotted Ian's red hair and limped over to him. I sat down.
It's been a while since we've seen each other, I had missed his face while being in here.

"Thanks for putting money on my commissary account", I said without really looking at him, "I've been running low on smokes."
"Not me, Kash", he admitted, "I told him you might still press charges"
"Thanks", I half smiled.

We sat a moment in silence.
"How long?", he asked eventually.
"I don't know. It's supposed to be a year, right? Maybe just a couple of months if I don't do anything stupid.", I shrugged.
"Like what?"

"Like stabbing that fat fucking Mick who keeps trying to steal my jello!", I yelled across the room.
"Who, me?", came the answer in a harsh tone.
"Yeah!"

Ian looked at me, he looked rather intimidated by the whole environment.
"I-I miss you", he said.
I swear, my heart didn't fucking stop at him saying that like this.
"You say that again, I'll rip your tongue out of your head"

And that idiot started grinning widely. It was the biggest smile I've seen on the freckled face, it lighted up his whole face and his eyes shone brightly in the dark room in the dull building.

Stop... Stop grinning at me like that you idiot, or I'm gonna fucking fall in love with you, you stupid fucking moron.

I had to look away to not fall completely for him on spot, I looked back at his still smiling face and I couldn't help smiling myself.

And that's exactly the moment I fell I love with Ian Gallagher.