~ One ~

Betty's P.O.V

My alarm sounded for 7:00, time to get ready for my first day of senior year. Finally, one year until I'm out of this hell hole. I take my stuff to the bathroom and have a shower. When I get out and dressed it's 7:20, so I go and wake up Toni. 

 Toni started living with us 7 years ago, so she became even more of a sister to me. Her parents both died in a car crash on their way to pick her up from school, and she had no relatives, so we took her in and she became apart of our family immediately; like a second daughter to my parents.

Once Toni and I were both dressed and ready to leave for school we left around 7:40 to meet Veronica.

Toni's Outfit:

My Outfit:

*The Serpent jacket is a normal leather jacket*

Veronica's Outfit:

We met up with Veronica around three minutes later outside her house and we started walking to school and talking about how the year is going to go

We met up with Veronica around three minutes later outside her house and we started walking to school and talking about how the year is going to go. Then Veronica started a whole new conversation.

*Betty, Veronica, Toni*

"So... will there be any guys catching the heart of our blonde beauty over here?"

"Hate to break it to ya V, but I'm more focused on learning to run the Serpents than to look for someone that will probably break my heart. Besides, they all think I'm too scary." I finished the last part with a bit of a sad tone.

"Oh come on B. If anything they think you're totally hot!"

I shot Toni a look.

"What about you T, what's the update with you and Fangs?" I said smugly to Toni, trying to get off the topic of me and my miserable love life.

"Same as always, just friends." She replied with a sad tone, so me and V instinctively tried to cheer her up and boost her confidence.

"Hey, don't worry about him. You're a super sweet and kind girl. Plus you're a total smoke show!"

"He sees how amazing you are and this year is the year to make a move and show him how amazing of a girlfriend you'd be for him." I continued on from what V was saying.

"And if doesn't see how great you are then he can go fuck himself. There are heaps of guys that would love to go out with you T." She finished our combined inspirational speech.

"Yeah I guess, thanks guys. I love you both.

"And we love you too T!"

And with that we arrived at school at 7:55. For the last 5 minutes we hung around V's locker talking about our classes. The bell went for first class, and since I didn't have my books yet I ended up late to class. Not that I cared.

*Betty, Jughead, Teacher*

"Miss Smith, late on the first day are we?"

I go by Elizabeth Smith everywhere. If people heard me being called with my last name Cooper then everyone would know I'm a Serpent. And only my close friends and family can call me Betty, it's a soft nickname for people who know the soft side of me.

"It seems as if I am." I said back with a sarcastic tone.

"That's detention today after school! No excuses, show up or you will be suspended!"

"Sure thing!" I replied with a sarcastic tone.

I heard a laugh behind me and tried to ignore it, but the teacher said something to him.

"Well Mr Jones, since you find this so funny you can sit next to her. Miss Smith please be seated next to Mr Jones."

"You can't be serious!" He immediately exclaimed.

"I'm very serious, and for back chatting you can join Miss Smith in detention after school. Or you're suspended too."

"Whatever." Was all he muttered to himself as I sat down.