Chapter One

Link's POV

Today's the day I meet the four champions who are controlling the divine beasts when the time comes. I'm excited to meet them. I like meeting new people.

I stood beside my horse, holding my bag of apples that I was intending to feed to my horse but my horse wasn't hungry at the moment.

"Oh! Link! You're already here!" Zelda said excitedly, sprinting over to me with her bright smile.

I smiled back at her as she reached me. "Are you prepared to meet them?" She asked.

I nodded.

She smiled again. "Good!" She said, as she turned away and started to walk ahead. But she suddenly stopped and looked back at me.

"Try to be more interactive, okay? And don't be so... emotionless." She said. And with that, she continued walking.

I looked at my horse, grabbing an apple and bringing it up to his mouth. He finally took the apple and ate it. I smiled at him and climbed onto his back, heading towards Zelda and helping her onto my horse.

We went to Hyrule Castle together. She told me to meet her in the dinning hall in ten minutes.

So in that time, I brought my horse to the stables and got him set up with some food and water. Once I was done, I patted his head and left.

I walked around the castle, looking at the many pictures I had already seen many times before.

As I stood under a painting on the wall, I heard someone calling my name hurriedly.

"Link, sir! Please come with me. The champions are ready for you." A messenger said, hurrying towards the dinning hall.

I followed him to the dinning hall, giving him a small nod before walking in.

Zelda brightened once her eyes met mine. She stood from her chair and held her hand towards me, smiling at the four champions.

"Champions, this is Link." She said excitedly.

The four all looked at me, each having their own expression on.

"Please Link, sit." Zelda said.

I complied and took a seat at the end of the table.

"So let's start with introductions! This is Urbosa, the Gerudo champion." Zelda said, pointing to the tall woman who sat across from me.

She bowed her head slowly. I copied and bowed my head back.

"This is Daruk, the Goron champion."

I looked to the Goron who was sitting across from Zelda. He smiled at me, his excitement showing. I smiled back.

"This is Mipha, the Zora champion."

I looked to the small Zora that was sitting next to Zelda. She smiled sweetly at me, giving me a small wave. I smiled back.

"And this is Revali, the Rito champion."

I looked to my right and met the Rito's eyes. I was always so fond of the Rito's.

He scoffed and looked away, crossing his wings.

What's that for?

"Now that we've all met each other, let's eat!" Zelda said excitedly.

The chefs walked in with plates of food and drinks, placing them in front of us all.

I looked at Revali confused, but he wouldn't look back at me.

I decided to let it go and focus on something else.

The food they had cooked for us was chicken drumsticks, mashed potatoes, and some cornbread. They also brought some water in fancy glasses.

"So, Link. Zelda tells me you don't talk much." Urbosa said to me.

I nodded, smiling slightly.

"He doesn't talk at all, actually. I try to get him to speak, but he's like an empty book." Zelda said, sighing.

Daruk chuckled. "Leave the little man alone. Maybe he just has nothing to say?"

Mipha giggled. "I'm with Daruk on this one."

Revali looked at me and examined me. "I think he's just an asinine little twerp."

My eyes widened a bit at his comment.

"Come now, Revali. That's no way to speak to anyone." Zelda said.

Revali sighed and leaned back against his chair, looking at his plate of food with annoyance.

I continued to look at him, changing my soft stare into a glare.

I don't know what I did to him, but he's being a real dick to me.

"Anyway, why not tell something about yourselves to Link?" Zelda suggested.

***

The rest of dinner, they went around saying things about themselves. Revali got really cocky when it was his turn.

I sighed quietly and continued on my path to the guest bedroom Zelda has me staying in. The room is huge.

On my way though, I bumped into Revali whose room just happened to be in front of mine.

He was standing in front of his door, in the process of carrying in his bags.

We made eye contact. I quickly looked away and at his bags.

"Well don't just stare at them! Help me bring them in will ya?" He said sharply, grabbing a second bag and bringing it into his room.

There was two more bags left. Against my better judgement, I bent down and picked up his last two bags. I walked into his room and set them down on the floor.

"Finally you're being useful." He spat, rummaging through his bag.

"Tch." I rolled my eyes and started to walk out but was stopped by his voice.

"Unless you think you can prove me wrong?" He said.

I turned and looked at him.

"Prove that you're not useless." He added.

I gave him an intrigued look.

"Tomorrow. First thing in the morning. Meet me in the training area. Prove to me that you can fight and that you serve purpose." He said, standing up and meeting my eyes.

I looked at him determined and nodded. I will show this asshole what I'm made of.

"Good. Now get out." He said, turning away.

I glared at the back of his head but complied and walked out, shutting the door behind me.

Tomorrow should be interesting...