Chapter Six

Link's POV

"Come on, Link! Show me what you learned! Fight off those Bokoblins! Don't let them destroy us!" My dad yelled, pushing me out of the house.

"B-But dad!... I never fought bokoblins before...!" I yelled nervously.

"That doesn't matter! Do it, now!"

I slowly turned around to look at the destruction being done by the filthy monsters. People were screaming and crying, running away.

My knees buckled and my legs shook. My breathing was out of control and my heart was beating loudly in my ears.

I can't do it...

I'm too afraid...

"Come on! You piece of shit! Do it!" My dad yelled behind me.

I winced and fell to my knees, crying as I shut my eyes to block out the sight of my neighbors dying.

"Link! Help us!" A women cried.

"Please! Help us!"

I screamed and screamed, trying desperately to drown out everyone's voices.

"I can't!" I cried out.

My dad came and harshly picked me up, dragging me back into the house.

He threw me onto the floor harshly, slamming the door shut.

"HAVE YOU LEARNED NOTHING?!" He yelled at me.

I slowly looked up at him, shaking and crying.

He scoffed. "You're so pathetic, Link. You're a disappointment."

A blow to the heart.

"Your mother would be so disappointed in you." He spat, harshly opening the front door and walking out with his sword.

I sobbed, holding myself as I lay on the floor.

I can't do this anymore...

I quickly stood up, running out of the house and running as far as I can, ignoring the calls from my dad.

I jolted awake, my heart racing and tears streaming down my face. I was breathing heavily, shutting my eyes as I tried to calm down.

"Link? What happened?"

I looked up and saw Revali looking down at me with a worried look plastered on his face.

I blushed slightly and sat up, looking around at my surroundings. I was laying on the ground beside the fire in the Flight Range. My head was on a soft white pillow and I was covered up with a thin blanket.

"U-Um... nothing happened." I lied, awkwardly looking up at him.

He smiled and kneeled down to me, examining me. 

I awkwardly continued to look into his eyes, waiting for him to say something. 

"It's weird..." He said, smiling slightly. 

I looked at him confused. "What is?..."

He smiled even more. "You talking. I'm not used to it yet... but I like it." 

I blushed slightly and looked down, smiling. "I was w-worried you would h-hate it." 

He sat down and crossed his legs. "Sorry that you got that impression... but I'm very much enjoying hearing your voice. It's nice to not have to read your journal when we're conversing."