Chapter Eleven

Revali's POV

I ended up falling asleep on the bench, but Impa soon came and lightly woke me up. 

"He's ready." She said softly.

I stood up quickly, rushing into the room and to his side.

His eyes were shut and he was still shirtless due to his cuts and the tubes connected to him. He was still wearing his shorts but he was under a thin white blanket. His bruises were much darker now and his cuts and wounds on him were bandaged. He had a bandage wrapped around his torso, and he had a bandage wrapped around his head. His left leg was bandaged and was elevated in the air, hanging from the roof. His right arm up to his shoulder was in a cast. His left arm was only his shoulder and bicep. The rest of his arm was gone. It was bandaged though. 

Tears reached the surface of my eyes. My eyes were widened and my beak was parted.

I wanted to hold his hand... but his hand wasn't available to hold...

"He will be okay. He's recovering very well. He did get a lot more injuries than I originally thought. His wrist was out of it's socket, his ribs are broken, his collar bone is broken as well, his right shoulder blade has shattered, he suffered a small head injury, his lung tissue is damaged and could lead to pneumonia, he also had a bit of hypothermia but I was able to warm him up, his left leg bone has almost snapped right off which means it is broken and will take severel weeks to heal fully, his left arm was completely shattered to the point where it cannot be healed... so I had to amputate his arm off right above his elbow. I'm going to give him a prosthetic arm. Also, he will most likely suffer major PTSD." Impa said tiredly and sadly. 

I looked at her with devastation and pain. "H-Holy... s-shit..."

She nodded sadly. "It will take a while for Link to live like he used too before. His life will be forever changed."

I sighed sadly. "I should've helped him sooner..."

"It's not your fault." She said. "I will leave you alone..." 

With that, she walked out, shutting the door behind her. 

I pulled a chair next to his bed on the left side of him, softly touching his head. 

"Link...I'm here... you're going to be okay... you're the strongest person I know..." I whispered softly, playing with his hair softly. 

"I'm so sorry I didn't save you quick enough..." I whispered, squeezing my eyes shut as the painful feeling of wanting to break down came washing over me. 

"Revali... I-I... I t-think I... l-love you..."

I looked at him sadly. "Link... I love you too..."

It felt good to say that, even though he couldn't hear me... 

I stayed with Link for hours upon hours, making sure nothing bad happened to him. 

Then the others came back, sadly looking at Link. 

Impa explained how bad his injuries were and how long his recovery could take. 

We all stood there, in silence, sad and worried. 

I stayed next to Link, not leaving his side. 

Waiting for Link's recovery is something that will be hard for me... but I will wait for him.

Teba walked up to me and wrapped his wings around me, hugging me tight. I hugged him back tightly too, holding back the sudden urge to cry again. 

"I want you to stay with me at my house for now, okay? My wife will agree. We don't want you to be alone." He said softly, pulling away and looking at me sadly. 

I looked at Link sadly. "I don't want to leave him though..."

He rested his hand on my shoulder. "He'll be okay. The castle has high security for one, and two, Link is in an induced coma... he won't be waking up for some time."

I sighed sadly. "You're right..."

"You can keep visiting him anytime you want, but I just don't want you staying here. It's not good for your mental health." He said sadly. 

I nodded sadly. "Okay... thank you."

"Of course." He said, smiling. 

"I think we all need to go back to our home towns... we need to relax and get away for a bit." Urbosa said sadly. "Princess... you can stay with me if you'd like." 

Zelda looked at Urbosa sadly. "Thank you very much... I think I'll take you up on your offer." 

Urbosa smiled. "Good."

"Let's meet back here soon." Zelda said, smiling at us all. "Be safe, okay?"

We all smiled at her and hugged as we said goodbye. 

Soon it was just me and Teba left in Link's room. 

I looked at Link sadly, tears reaching the surface of my eyes again. "Goodbye, Link... I will see you soon..."

It took everything in me to leave Link... but I will come back and see him tomorrow...