Chapter Nine

Revali's POV

The explosion sent me flying backwards, causing me to land straight on my back with a grunt.

I quickly got up and rushed to the edge of the landing deck, looking at the devastating damage to the Flight Range's training area.

"No..." I breathed, looking at the fire sadly.

As I was watching the flames, I remembered about Link.

"Shit! Link?!" I yelled worriedly, looking down to the water.

I quickly flew down, dodging the flames. I looked everywhere and I couldn't find Link.

This is ice cold water... if you don't drink a certain elixer, you will barely survive.

I'll be fine... I need to find Link.

I took a deep breath and jumped into the water, opening my eyes and trying my best to spot Link.

My bones were getting more and more stiff from the cold.

As I was swimming, I spotted a body floating near the bottom.

Link!?

I rushed down there, grabbing the body and bringing it up to surface. I dropped his body on the rock and quickly climbed up to him, grabbing him and holding him in my arms.

His eyes were shut, his lips were parted, his skin was a light purple and his lips were blue. His clothes were iced and stiff.

He wasn't breathing.

I got tears in my eyes as I laid his body down, trying my best to do CPR on him.

Doing that wasn't enough, so I started to harshly punch his chest, trying desperately to get him to breathe again.

Suddenly, he was coughing, spitting out a bunch of water.

I sighed with relief, grabbing him in my arms again.

He slowly looked up at me. His breathing was slow.

"R-Revali?..." He breathed.

"Link..." I whispered.

He looked up above me. I could see the flames in his eyes.

"W-What happened?..."

"I don't know..."

I pulled him closer to me, both of us shivering from the cold. He was shivering more violently. I held him tightly in hopes of him warming up.

As we were sitting there, I heard the sound of a blade being pulled out.

I turned my head quickly and saw four Yiga's standing there, each holding a different type of weapon.

"Shit..." I grunted, trying to scoot away with Link in my arms.

The Yiga's came closer and closer until they were hovering above us.

I had no where to go. We were backed up against the wall. I couldn't fly either. The cold of the water had weakened me.

One Yiga looked down at Link, then all looked at me.

My eyes widened.

What are they trying to do...?

Then suddenly the one Yiga had prepared to hit with his sword.

"W-Wait!" I yelled, but it was no use.

He swung the sword at me, hitting me straight in the head, knocking me out.

FRIDAY