Chapter 9: Questions, Answers, Promises

Hey gays:)) I'm sorry for not updating:( I'm sick rn so yeah! Oh and I was really busy🤪 follow me on instagram:) @yeah_lanax
let's be friends:)

Emma dipped her head down and caught Regina's lips, wrapping her fingers around the brunette's torso. The brunette wove her fingers into the blonde hair and pressed her lips even closer.

"I've really wanted to do that since you opened that door," Emma whispered in her professor's ear.

Regina laughed loudly, her head falling back, "Well it's about time, Emma. I was worried you never would."

Emma leaned over, placing the chicken breasts into the oven and checking- again- to make sure it was set at the right temperature. She turned to face the woman who was sitting on a stool at the island in the center of the kitchen.

"Thanks again for letting me borrow some parmesan, Reggie. It's kind of hard to make chicken parm without it," Emma smiled shyly, still embarrassed that she had to ask for the cheese.

"You're seriously sticking with Reggie?" Regina scrunched her nose in adorable distaste.

Emma walked around the island and up to the woman in question. "Of course, Reggie. What else would I call you?"

"Well, let's see," the brunette pretended to think. She suddenly gasped and threw her hand up in the air, pointer finger sticking out. "I have an idea!" she exclaimed, her sarcasm clearly oozing from the tone in her voice. "You can call me.... wait for it... Regina. Because that is my name."

"Why would I do that when I can properly emasculate you from your cold-hearted persona- that we both know is just a facade- and give a name that shows just how sweet and cute and adorable you can be?"

"I'll show you sweet and adorable when I refuse to give you a goodnight kiss tonight." The brunette stared into hazel eyes, challenging Emma to argue with her.

Instead, she got a small giggle and a joking response, "Is that a threat, Miss Mills?"

Narrowing her eyes and scrunching together her perfectly maintained brows, the woman answered, "It's a promise."

"Fine then," the blonde relented. "Can I at least call you 'Gina?"

"No."

"Reggie it is, then," laughter exploded from the blonde as the brunette reached out and playfully slapped at her.

"No more kisses for you."

"Oh, really?" Emma questioned, smirking. "We'll see about that."

A singular eyebrow raised up to Regina's hairline, "And what exactly does that mean, Miss Swan?"

"Well, I don't know if you noticed, Regina, but I'm kind of irresistible." The blonde pulled her shirt up a few inches and showed off her sculpted six-pack, "I mean, ladies can't seem to stay away from this bod."

Now it was Regina's turn to laugh, though it was strangled by her awe of Emma's body. Sure, she could see the woman was fit, and after this morning's phone call, she knew Emma was a runner. She didn't know, however, how attractive and well-defined Emma's muscular body was. It conjured a multitude of images to Regina's head that had her heart beating faster than it should.

Emma noticed the change in pace and rested a hand on her professor's shoulder, "Are you doing alright, Regina?"

Shaking the seductive images from her mind and shifting her posture, Regina responded, "Never better, dear. Now where were we?"

"Actually," Emma started, "I was about to take supper out of the oven if you wanted to go get Henry."

Regina stood and turned her back to the blonde, walking through the open doorway and down the hall. Emma watched her go, wondering what had been going on in the brunette's beautiful mind just minutes ago. Deciding it would be better to take care of dinner first and try to solve puzzles later, Emma removed the chicken breasts from the oven.