Chapter 24: Mwuah-Mwuahs

Emma sat in the lecture hall, wondering if they'd ever release her. She really hadn't been in the class very long, but with the amazing news she received that morning from her cooking lab instructor was leaving her very antsy, and as soon as this class was over, she planned on speeding home and telling Regina just what Mr. Hood had told her. Emma's hands fidgeted in her pockets. She wanted to pull her phone out and check the time, but she knew it was against the course rules. Not for the first time that day, the blonde wondered why she picked a seat that kept her back to the clock.

"Miss Swan, are you alright over there?" her lecturer's Aussie accent broke through the blonde's thoughts, and her eyes shot up to the professor, who was looking slightly annoyed and very amused with the woman. "You've been fidgeting since you've sat down. Is there anything I can help you with?"

Emma turned beet red. She hated being called out in class, and for something as stupid as being fidgety. The blonde shook her head and looked at the teacher, "I'm very sorry, Miss French. I'm just a little overly excited to get home and share some big news with my girlfriend."

"Ahh, yes," the professor said, nodding her head and tightening the ponytail that held her long, brunette locks in place. "Class," she addressed the rest of her students in the room, "I think we should all put our hands together for Miss Swan, here. She was the only freshman to make it onto Mr. Hood's culinary team this year."

The classroom exploded in clapping. Professor Hood's culinary team was filled with the best of the best from Storybrooke University's culinary majors. They traveled the world, competing in the most amazing cooking competitions. It was no easy feat to make it onto Hood's culinary team, but it was even more impossible to make it as a freshman.

"I'm sure if any of you need any help with your skills, and Miss Swan isn't too busy with her mysterious girlfriend, she will be more than happy to help you out," the professor ended with a smile. "Now, Miss Swan, we have ten minutes left in this kitchen lecture. Do you think you can sit still that long, or do I need to appoint you a babysitter?"

Emma smiled shyly and slid down in her seat. "I think I might be able to make it," she said, clearing her throat lightly.

"In that case, let's move on," Professor French moved to the board and wrote down her next topic. "For the last ten minutes, class, we will be discussing...."

Emma tuned her professor out. She may be able to make her body sit still for the last ten minutes, but her mind would continue to run rampant until she told Regina. She could just imagine the look of happiness and pride crossing Regina's features as she listened to Emma's recounting of what happened earlier that morning.

"And that's all for today," the professor announced. "You may go visit your girlfriend, Miss Swan, and if you want to know about what we've discussed today, you're more than welcome to come in during my office hours or ask any other student in the class. I promise what we covered wasn't too incredibly difficult today."

Emma shot out of her seat, throwing a "thank you" over her shoulder. She practically sprinted to her yellow bug, finding it easily in the parking lot. She slid into the driver's seat and started the engine. She pulled out of the driveway and turned in the direction of Regina's house. If she didn't speed, and the traffic was light, it would take her twenty minutes to reach the brunette's house.

The blonde wasn't in luck, however. Every light she came across miraculously turned red. She sat at the latest light, drumming her fingers on the steering wheel as she waited impatiently for it to turn green. Luckily this was the last light in town. In a few minutes she'd be parked in front of Regina's mansion and she'd be able to tell her lover of the great news.

The light turned green and Emma punched the gas. She didn't care if she sped anymore. All that mattered was the look of pride on Regina's face when Emma would tell her. She remembered to thank the big man upstairs that Regina didn't have office hours or class today. She was all Emma's.