Chapter 12: Accidents Happen

"Emma! Get your ass up or you're gonna miss class," a voice shouted from downstairs.

Emma jumped at the new volume to the otherwise quietness of her sleep and gazed at the clock.

"Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Not again," the blonde jumped from her bed and went running towards the closet. "Reggie's going to kill me!"

The student grabbed a pair of tight jeans and a white tanktop. Looking in her mirror, she deemed the outfit appropriate, and ran from the loft to the downstairs kitchen

"Oh my god, Rubes. I don't know what I'd do without you," she ran to her roommate and placed a sloppy kiss on her cheek before turning and racing towards the door. "If you weren't here, Regina would've killed me already!"

"Emma! It's-" the sound of the front door slamming took the urgency out of Ruby's words, but she finished her sentence nevertheless, "Friday. You're missing Basic Intros, not Creative Writing."

The brunette shook her head, what was she going to do about it. She could call Emma and give her a heads up, but what fun would that be when she could leave the blonde alone and get a funny story out of this for later? None.

Shrugging, Ruby picked up her phone and the newest addition to her contacts list. She listened to the ring over and over again until she finally heard a low, soft, frustrated voice.

"Mills."

"Hey Regina, this is Ruby. Y'know, Emma's roommate?" the brunette offered, hoping that her affiliation with the blonde would take a bit of the sting out of the professor's voice.

"Is Miss Swan alright?" Ruby was right. All sense of sting left, leaving nothing but immense care and concern.

They're so sweet I'm gonna be sick. The younger brunette thought to herself.

"Yeah!" she hurried to assure. "Ems is fine, just a little confused."

"Is it over our evening tonight?" the disappointment rang clear in the professor's voice.

"No. Not that at all. I was just calling to give you a heads up. Ems is going to be rushing into your classroom in about-" Ruby pulled her wrist up to her face to check the hands on her new scarlet watch, "eh, five minutes."

"And why would she be doing this?"

"Well, she was about to miss class this morning, so I woke her up."

"And? I don't get how this pertains to me. She has class with me on Tuesdays, Miss Lucas." the impatience that occupied Regina's voice at the beginning of the call was back.

"She thought she was missing creative writing, and she left before I could tell her any different. She's really missing Basic Intro. It's a chef's class."

"I know what it is. I'll inform her when she arrives."

"Okay. I guess that's all I'm calling for then."

"Miss Lucas?" the voice on the other end of the call questioned whether her presence was still lingering.

"Yes, Miss Mills?"

"Thank you for the heads up. Have a great day."

"You too, Regina. Enjoy your date tonight. I know Emma's looking forward to it."

Click.

Those two and their prudishness when it came to public knowledge, Ruby thought with a grin. I guess they have a reason, but really, it's so cute to see Emma's cheeks glowing red, or to hear the embarrassed lilt to Miss Mill's voice when she mentions it.