Chapter 15: Hands Up

Dark lashes fluttered as mocha eyes opened to the dark room around her. Regina blinked once, twice, and looked towards the curtains in attempt to guess the time. Though they remained closed from the previous day, there was a glow along the edges of the fabric, indicating morning had come.

Regina's eyes rose to the clock on the bedside and confirmed her suspicions. 10:11 AM. Surprised at how long she had slept in, Regina smiled. She hadn't slept in since before she could remember. She always woke up with the sun- sometimes even before. The last time she slept like this was after Daniel died.

Daniel.

The thoughts of the night before rushed into her head, but Regina couldn't force herself to do anything but smile. Sure, the pain of remembering her past was crippling, but the memory of Emma wrapping her up in her arms and holding the brunette woman as she let out all she had been holding in for years was nothing short of heartwarming and amazing.

Emma.

The brunette woman took in the heat of another body pressed against her back and struggled not to burrow deeper into it. It had been so long since she felt this sort of comfort in the morning.

The sheets behind her ruffled, announcing the blonde was also waking up. Emma's body shifted as the blonde started stretching her limbs. The blonde started wiggling her toes, making sure that every single body part was awake and functioning properly. When they were done, she moved to her fingers.

Regina stiffened and fought off a shocked yelp when she felt Emma moving her fingers. Apparently Emma's arm had shifted positions during the night, and though Regina didn't exactly dislike this new turn of events, she sure as hell was not prepared for fingers wiggling over her sex.

She heard a faint, "What the hell?" and felt Emma lift her own body before hearing a shocked, "Oh my fuck!" and a loud thump of the blonde's body hitting the ground. The next sound was a whispered, "Reggie?"

Relaxing her body and trying to fight off the silent giggles that were taking over her, the brunette crawled to the side of the bed and looked over the edge.

"Yes, dear?" she asked once she had composed herself.

"How long have you been awake?" she asked, an almost painfully hopeful look highlighted her face.

"I woke a few minutes before yourself," Regina answered honestly.

A hand flew to cover Emma's face. The blonde drug it down her face slowly, distorting her features and making Regina giggle even more.

"And I suppose you were conscious enough to feel everything that happened since I've woken up?" the question was asked in dread, the blonde already knowing the answer.

"Yes, dear," the brunette watched Emma flip onto her stomach and lightly beat her head on the floor. Slightly worried the woman would damage her brain, Regina reached a hand out towards her and swatted at her butt. "Emma Swan, you knock that off right now. I don't need to waste my day taking you to the hospital for a concussion."

Emma moved her body until she was staring up at her professor once again, her hair fanning out around her abused head. "Yes, Professor Mills," she joked, before suddenly turning serious. "I'm sorry, Regina?"

"Sorry?" two dark brows knitted as Regina stared down at the blonde. "For what?"

"For what? Seriously?" Emma almost shouted in her shock, popping up to stare at the brunette with wide eyes. "Regina, I was basically groping you in your sleep. My hands were in places they weren't when I went to sleep!" The blonde let her head drop, smacking it on the ground once again.