Chapter 25: Loved

"Regina, honey, it's really no trouble," her mother said, bouncing Henry on her hip as Emma carried his overnight bag to the duo. "You and Emma have a fantastic reason to celebrate, and I'm never too busy to spend the evening with my favorite little man."

"Mother, it's really okay. We can take Henry with us. I'm sure you had some sort of plans tonight. You don't have to cancel because of us," Regina said, trying to gauge her mother's reasoning behind the sudden offer to take Henry for the night.

"Absolutely not," Cora responded, leaving no room for arguments. "Now, Robin told me about the new addition to his team last week, and I called ahead and made reservations for you and Emma at Sorellina."

"Sorellina?" Regina asked, eyes blowing wide. "Mother, that's one of the highest restaurants in Boston."

"I'm aware dear," she answered with a smile. "That's why I chose it. It's a lovely venue that you'll both enjoy, and I can only imagine the level of admiration Emma will have for their food. I've heard it's some of the best. Now, you only have about.." the elder brunette trailed off, bringing her arm up to check the time on her watch, "five hours before your reservation. I suggest you and your lovergirl get yourselves ready and get out of here."

"Cora, this is really too much," Emma said, bounding down the stairs with Henry on one hip and his overnight bag over her shoulder. "I know you're not going to take no for an answer, but maybe you'll accept a very sincere, thank you?"

"Absolutely, my dear," Cora smiled warmly at the woman. "As long as you carry my grandson out to the car and help me get him strapped in, that is."

Regina leaned over and kissed her baby boy on the forehead, momentarily taking him from the blonde's arms and hugging him to her chest lightly.

"I love you, sweet boy," she whispered in the boy's ears. "Emma and I'll be by to pick you up tomorrow, okay?"

"Love you, Momma," the boy said back, wrapping his arms around his mother's neck and squeezing tightly. He leaned back and left a big smooch on his mother's cheeks. He waited a second before twisting in his mother's arms and looking at the blonde behind him. "Leggo, Ems!" he said, reaching his arms towards her. "Take me to Gramma!"

Emma smiled and led their way through the door and to the black Benz in the drive. It seemed the Mills women had a knack for expensive German engineering. The blonde waited for Cora to unlock and open the back door before depositing Henry into his booster seat.

"Bye, kid," She said, leaning down and giving him a kiss on the cheek. "Be good for your grandma."

"I always good, Ems!" he shouted back, flashing his most innocent smile.

Emma laughed as she stood and closed the door tightly behind her, waving at the boy through the window.

"Did you see that smile?" Cora asked the blonde, shaking her head at the young boy's antics. "It's the same smile Regina used to throw my direction when she knew she was in trouble."

"He's definitely her son," the blonde woman responded with a smile. Emma pictured her girlfriend when she was that age. She imagined a small, quiet, stubborn little girl with dark chocolate eyes, mirroring the smile Henry had just given her, while her mother's favorite vase sat broken around the corner. Emma couldn't help but chuckle a little at the picture, and wonder if she and Regina would have a little girl like that someday.

"He could be your son, too, you know?" Cora asked, her tone level and serious.

Emma sprang from her thoughts, wondering if she had just heard what she thought she had just heard.