03 | Popularity

<Juvia>
That morning I arrived to school, any better than how I arrived yesterday, Levy was the first to greet me with open arms.

J-chan!" Levy jumped on my back when I stepped into the threshold.

"J-chan..?" I tilted my head. Did I hear her wrong? Did she just give my a nickname?

"You don't like it?" Levy asked.

"No! It's just that Juvia had never received a nickname before." I confessed.

"Really? Well, are you going to give me one?
We're practically two peas in a pod now." Levy spoke with such a gleaming expression.

"R-right now?"

She nodded her head.

"Uhm." I glanced up at the ceiling.

"Is it really that hard?" Levy tapped my shoulder.

"Juvia will think of something." I responded.

She wagged her tail like a pup when I had said I would think of a nickname for her.

Once we sat down, an alerting ruckus caught our attentions from outside the classroom. Everyone stared out of the door to see two people arguing.

"Erza! You can't just vote without me?!" A spiky pink haired student exclaimed.

"You weren't at the meeting." A female student with long scarlet hair spoke back with such polite class.

"You need everyone's votes! This isn't fair!" He shouted back. "You don't know what you're doing!"

"Ahh, those two are part of the student council. Erza Scarlet, 2nd year, so is Nastu Dragneel." Levy hinted.
"They're always bickering about all sorts of stuff. Last week, they were debating over who would manage the snack bar during the gaming events."

"And they work efficiently?" I questioned.

"Actually, this is the best way apparently. If they're calm and quiet, something went wrong. Overall, the student council is quite a scary bunch. That guy you mentioned before, Gray? He's the Vice President."

"Really?!" My excitement slipped.

"Yeah, cool right?" Levy nudged my shoulder. "Hey we have P.E after this period." she reminded me.

"Any warnings?" I whispered back.

"Ah..." Levy suspiciously pulled away, "heheh, none that I know of."
•••••••
The locker rooms were out of control! When I walked in, Levy had disappeared from my side and I couldn't call her name out because the  boisterous music had numbed my ears!

Many of the girls pranced around in their cute soft colored underwears and a few were checking out their figure in front of the mirror.
There was a strong cloud of perfume and deodorant. Honestly, my nose hairs were chemically burning away.

After I changed, I walked out of the locker room and searched for my dear friend Levy.  
For some reason, she was no where to be found.
In any case, Levy was the only friend I made so far so I shouldn't split rely on her.
You could say it's a pretty good start.

Juvia, get yourself together! You can do it!
I slapped my face and breathed in heavily.

Behind me, there was a slight chuckle that made me flinch. I turned around and noticed him!

"Gray!-" I stopped myself from screaming his name out loud. If I could remember, I didn't introduce myself that day!

"Gray-Kun, hurry! The class is going to start!" A couple of girls with a layer of makeup surrounded him like magnets.
My face burned with embarrassment.

When he left, I couldn't get over what Levy had said about him, he's really popular isn't he? I wonder if Juvia can ever get close to him.

Keeping me from dazing off, a siren of a whistle knocked me off my horse. Where do I go?!

When I turned I bumped into someone and fell back on my bottom.

"Sorry!" A blonde girls with brown eyes, reached her hand out for mine. "Sorry, I'm kind of in a rush..." She said.

"Juvia is fine, It's okay-" I lost my focus in a instant when I saw her large breast that seemed to be challenging mine.

Then I remembered about Erza-sama's chest! How is that possible?!

"Hey, you must be Lockster, right? New transfer student that I heard about?" She questioned, "word is getting around about a clumsy one."

"R-right..." I felt a stung, "Juvia Lockser." I spoke back with a lack of self effort.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Lucy Heartfilia, I'm a second year."

That name felt oddly familiar. Then I realized that she bore the name of a huge company! Wait.. You mean-"

"You noticed too huh? It's nothing special when you think about it. It's not my success that should be praised." She brushed it off.

"Let's get along, okay?" She said.

"Yeah... Please take care of me." I bowed.

Great! Two friends, wow Juvia. How low have you've become that you're counting?