04 | Gray-sama

I never knew that in a week, so much work would be loaded onto our backs. This school does not approve of slackers.

I thought today would be great for Juvia to relax at a cafe with Levy but it seems that Juvia won't be able to. Let alone leave the house and make plans.

"Ah, Juvia-San, what's up?" Lucy sat next to me in the study hall. "Oh, those books are great!" She pointed out. "Studying? School work?" She intruded on my studying session.

"Yes, I admire them as well." I replied. "What are you studying?"

Lucy glanced over at the paper and the book titles and seem fascinated by what I was approaching. 

"Economics for this term? Pretty easy when I took it freshman year." It sounded like she was bragging. Then she played with the pink bracelet dangling from her wrist.

"If you're here to discourage Juvia, please reframe yourself from doing so. Juvia needs to concentrate." I pouted.

"Hahaha, Juvia you're so cute." Lucy teased. "I'm not here to discourage you. If anything, I'm here to encourage you." She confessed.

"I'm confused."

"Of course you are. Here, look out that window." Lucy pointed to the window beside the table. "Look down there, see that?"

"Is Lucy-San pointing at that person under the tree?" I asked, "Juvia can't see them very well."

"Ahh, you could say that love is blind." Lucy stood up and gleamed a devious one.

"Gray is down there. Sleeping on the lawn again. If you like, I'll stay here and watch your stuff so you can see him." Lucy said with emphasis on his name like she was teasing me.

"R-really? But what's my purpose to disturb him? However, Juvia is happy!" I rose from the seat and closely looked down as I adjusted my eye sight. Gray-sama was beneath the trees that shadowed him and he laid there.
••••
At first, coming down to ground level from the
2nd floor did seem too much. Could Lucy-san be testing me? Is Lucy-san deceiving me?

Getting closer to the body near the tree, my heart raced rapidly knowing that this man might not be my beloved Gray-sama.

She was right, Gray-sama was sound asleep under this protective tree. However, couldn't someone attack him while he's sleeping? Does he trust the all students at this school?

I ended up deciding to sit next to him on the grass. Examining his handsome face, the sun that lit a few spots of his body.
The trees swayed and the leaves pelted us. This felt relaxing, no wonder he's sleeping here. Just gazing upon his calm face made me tired too, I could help but to feel sleepy myself.

Don't fall asleep Juvia...just don't fall asleep...
••••
<Gray>
By the time my nap had awoken me at the right minute. I stretched my arms with a comforting yawn. Only to know that when I rubbed my eyes, I saw a girl, laying beside me.
The closer I looked at her, I noticed that she was that transfer student I met before.

Her hair covered her face and my hand moved on its own to brushed it to the side. What was she doing here? Did she come to see me?
By the looks of it, she really did looked worn out. Maybe she saw how comfortable I was here and took a nap herself.

Suddenly, my pockets buzzed from my phone and it was a message from Lucy. That hot head's girl. I read the message.

Look up.
From the classes above, I searched for golden hair. Eventually, I saw Lucy giving me a wave. Did she do this?

"Hey Gray, you shouldn't be sleeping outside with your girlfriend!" A few of my friends joked as they strolled by.

"It's not what you think!" I hollered back.

Initially, I was about to chase after them however, I realized that not all of students can be trusted here at this school. Besides, she was waiting for me right? Having her wake up and seeing that I left, would be rude of me.

I lifted her from the ground and carried her in my arms, back into the school. I dropped her off at the school's infirmary so that she would at least lay on a bed. When I managed to lay her down and cover her with a blanket, I noticed her silky blue hair.

For some reason, I never really took the time to actually acknowledge the color of her hair. It's not like I was interested, more like it reminded me of the pouring rain that fateful night when my parents died.