Chapter 14: Where are you?

Warning: ANGST! on this chapter

If you're okay with that, go on and read :)

If you're not... well, you have no choice. This chapter is essential to the story hahahaha

_____________________________________________________________________________

          “Ayako, you’ve got to go to school now! Right at this moment!”

          Ayako cringed at her cellphone. Dong Min called her just to nag at her? “Shut up Dong Min. Why are you so hyperactive today? And no. I will not go to that godforsaken place.”

        “Hmm, I bet you won’t say that if you knew what was happening here now.”

          “Why? Is the whole school burned to the ground?” Ayako said in a bored tone.

          “Better than that! Your classmates and old friends want you back! And they refuse to let anyone in the school. They said they won’t move unless you make them. Man, the professors are in a total state of panic!”

          “Well, that’s not any of my concern. They’ll get tired, eventually.”

          “That’s the thing. The administration can’t wait until they ‘get tired’. He’s threatening to expel all these students. And just so you know, Min Ji and the rest of your girl buddies are on the front line of being expelled.

          “What?! Min Ji’s on scholarship. Her family’s counting on her. That stupid, idiotic…argh!!! Try to convince them to go back to their classrooms before the admins get seriously pissed off. I’ll be right there.” She cut off the line.

          On the other end, Dong Min was grinning. “Mission accomplished. I knew you couldn’t bear to let them get expelled.”

          “If you don’t go to your classrooms right now, you really will be expelled!”

          Dong Min groaned. “Oh well, time to do my part.” He took a deep breath and in the loudest voice he can, he said, “Listen up everyone! Ayako will be here. Now you better follow the admins and go back to your classrooms. We don’t want Ayako to come here just to see you all expelled, do we?”

          “So be it. We all deserve it anyway.”

          “Yeah, we were so judgmental.”

          Dong Min slapped his forehead. This is not going like he wanted it to.

          Ayako, come on. Hurry up!

          “Hurry up, old man!” Ayako grumbled. Argh! At this rate, I’ll never arrive in time!

          She didn’t know how to drive a car because Hachiro or Eiji always drove her whenever necessary. That’s why she took a taxi.

          But this ride’s taking forever!

          “Lighten up, miss. I’m sure you’ll reach your destination at just the right time.” The old man looked at her through the rearview mirror.

          .

          .

          .

          “Okaaay… But you don’t understand. If I don’t get in Seoul University on time, around 30 students will get expelled. And we’re talking about 30 good, smart students here.”