Secret

Matthew's POV
I woke up to the smell of bacon, I looked around but found no John anywhere, I swung my legs around, and took a deep breath, then stood up, I was relieved when I found that the pain now only was a small nagging that I easily could ignore, I looked down to my wrist where there now was a small pretty bracelet, with blue and red pearls on it, strange, it definitely wasn't mine. I walked out into what I found to be the kitchen, and sure enough there was John in full action of cooking a lot of bacon, "oh back from the dead are we" John said and send me a snarky smile. "I guess so, I also must thank you for , you know saving my life and all that" I said. "Oh no problem love, anytime" John said.
I whent and sat down in one of hes bar stools by the kitchen counter, I watched him transfer the bacon from the pan to two plates, John then placed one of the plates in front of me, then sat down on the chair beside me , "I know it's not exactly a five star meal but I hope it's good enough" John said, "it's more then enough, John thank you"
There was a comfortable silence for a while until I asked, "ehm I don't suppose you know anything about this bracelet around my wrist, cuz it sure ain't mine" , "yea it was mine but I put a healing spell on it so you didn't have to suffer more then necessary, but now that the healing is done it's just a normal bracelet again" John said ,, "oh-h t-hanks" I said , "don't thank me" John said and smiled, I whent to take off the bracelet to give him it back , but he placed he's hand on mine before I could and said "keep it".
"Oh okay" I replied and whent back to eating,
"Here" John said and gave me a card "this is my card it has my number so if ya ever need me just give me a call" "cool thanks" I replied.
"You know, you never told me your name" John said.
"Oh how rude of me, I'm Matthew." I said and stuck my hand out for him to shake.
"Okay so Matthew what's your story, how and why do ya know about magic" John questioned.
Before I could answer anything, a big flame came up from Johns cooking plates, as he apparently forgot to turn it off. I acted out of instinct and quickly sprung to my feet, I swept my hand by the growing fire and within seconds the flames where gone, I quickly realized what I had done and looked to John, he looked completely speechless,
"I-I s-should be g-going" I stuttered our before running out he's door and out on the street, I can't believe you could be this stupid exposing your powers to John bloody Constantine! "You fool", I said loudly as a curse on myself. He has probably already figured out your secret, you thought to yourself. You hurried home, as it was getting very cold since you had forgot to get your leather jacket when you left John's place.