The Secret

I locked myself in my room.  I didnt even open it for vik.  I had been in here for over 24 hours now and I was starving, but I wouldnt give in.  i was pissed.  someone set me up and now i had to put mself in the limelight and try and survive this tournament.  my only true question was who would want me in this tournament and why?  there had to be some plan, but i wasnt anybody special, so why me? 

after 48 hours i finally got a visit from dumbledore.  he used a simple spell to unlock my door and let himself in.  he may seem like a easy going guy, but he was forceful when needed.  i was laying on my bed trying to forget how hungry i was.  i wore a pair of sweatpants and a oversized t shirt, just to be comfortable.

"i know you are on strike, but i would like to talk to you in my office."   Dumbledore stated with a slight smile.  My heart jumped and blood cooled just like it always did when someone said they needed to talk.

I didnt even bother changing.  I just followed behind dumbledore as he walked swiftly through the castle.  He paused breifly as the staircase we were on decided to move.  I gripped the hand rail, unwilling to lose my balance.  When the staircase stopped we were in front of a magical painting of a fat lady with high end clothes and dark hair.

"Well hello headmaster.  Its nice to see you on this fine evening.". She said in a girlishly high voice.

"Evening, good lady.  I'm just here to pick up another student.". Dumbledore said politely.  The fat lady nodded and swung forward revealing a hole into a common room. 

The room had a warm feeling with red furnishings and a fire blazing.  Students milled about doing classwork or chatting with one another, so the room was filled with a dull murmer that disappeared as soon as they noticed dumbledore and I.

"Good evening students.  Continue on with your night.  I'll only be here a few minutes.". Dumbledore said as we made our way up a stone spiral staircase.  On each landing was a brown wood door, all firmly closed.  We finally stopped at the fourth door.

Dumbledore knocked once and entered the room, peaking in first to make sure it was okay for me to enter as well.  When he confirmed it was he opened the door fully and led me inside.

"Hello harry.  Sorry to disturb your evening.  I need a chat with you and bry here, if you Dont mind." Requested dumbledore in a manner that said refusal was not an option.

Harry was alone in the room laying on his back on a bed with red curtains pulled back around it.  He sat up when dumbledore spoke, as if he was caught off guard.  He looked dazed, like we just pulled him roughly from a day dream.

"Sure professor."  Harry hesitated, telling me he felt just as worried as I did by dumbledores request for a 'chat'.

I noticed for the first time that I was shoeless when I stepped from the carpet or Harry's dorm room onto stone and slipped as my socks did not provide enough traction.  Luckily I caught myself before anyone could notice my almost fall, but dumbledore gave a slight chuckle as he walked by, making me wonder if he did in fact witness my blunder.

We made our way through the too quiet common room again, feeling extremely watched.  Then through the hole we climbed, back to the moving staircase and the picture of the fat lady.

Dumbledore slowed down his walking now.  Making me suspect that he wanted to have this chat about as much as I did, which wasn't at all.  We were all very quiet.  We stopped breifly by a gargoyle statue before it jumped aside to reveal another spiral staircase that led to dumbledores office.

His office was still full of whimsical nik naks and old school stuff.  The pictures and paintings of old school headmasters whuspered amongst eachother as we walked by.  Harry and I sat in two plush chairs facing dumbledores desk, while dumbledore sat in his own desk chair.

Dumbledore placed his fingertips together and looked at us for a moment,  making me want to fidget.  I resisted the urge, not wanting to project my worry.  Harry on the other hand fidgeted a little as we waited.

"I brought you here tonight to tell you something that has been kept from both of you your entire lives.  It was to keep you safe.  And it worked for awhile.  Harry you stayed under the protection of you muggle aunt and her family, and bry you stayed with igor.  But your entire lives are about to be turned upside down, and I must be the one to do it.  Because of the mystery behind your names being drawn for the tournament we have no choice."  Dumbledore started, giving us a pause to process this information.

"I dont understand."  Harry remarked. 

"I agree.  I mean how does someones sick joke played on us mean our lives are now upside down?  And if we are safe within this secret, why tell us now?"  I inquired.

"Well for any normal students, this would be just another prank gone wrong.  But you two share something rare in common."  Dumbledore hinted.

"Our scars."  Harry stated absentmindedly scratching at his own lightning bolt shaped scar.  I was acutely aware of my own scar behind my ear, like it was a beacon of light in my mind.  Dumbledore nodded unsmiling.

"you got your scars from voldemort.  When he preformed his killing curse, it was aimed at two small infants.  He thought it would be a easy two kills, ans his powerful curse could easily kill two infants.  But their mother died for them, giving them a very old form of protection.  I told you this story once, harry.  The strongest magic, that voldemort will never understand.  Love.  The two infants survived and voldemort, as you know, lost his power."  Dumbledore explained.

"A-mmmmm.... But-ngh....  Ah-that would mean that harry and I were in the same house, the same room."  I struggled, my mind spinning.

"Does that mean....?  Are we related?"  Harry asked pointing from himself to me.  He looked just as dumbfounded and confused as I felt.  Dumbledore nodded.

"Your aunt and uncle were only able to take in one child and we left the decision up to them.  They chose harry.  Bry we sent you to igor to stay safe.  The tournament is worrying us.  And we decided it was time to tell you."  Dumbledore softly stated as if he was trying to lessen the blow.

I was stunned to say the least.  I could also say hurt, angry, and there was also some denial.  My mind was spinning in so many different directions, it was giving me a headache.  Without another word I stood and ran from the room.  I ran all the way back to my own room and relocked my door.

I held my head and tried to control my breathing.  It was coming I  short gasps and I felt like I couldnt get enough air.  I clutched at my chest with one hand as tears started leaking down my face.  I was in complete panic mode.  I couldnt take any more suprises.  I was full up.

♡♥short but needed chapter.  Comment. Vote.