the suprising end

I was only in the dark box for a couple minutes before I found myself flying into the bright light of an office. I slammed into the floor, bruising my sore body even further. Sitting up quickly I looked around for my wand, not finding it anywhere.

there was a rectangular window that showed it was dark outside and a strange mirror with blurred shapes that I couldn't make out. I was pretty sure that I was in Hogwarts, in a teachers office. But that didnt explain how I ended up porting into a dark box, or how I was thrown out of it so suddenly. Or where my wand went. Or who sent me the portkey to begin with. Or who sent us to the graveyard. It was all very confusing.

I was still sitting on the floor trying to figure everything out when professor moody burst in towing harry with him. Harry looked just as out of it as I felt. He held his bleeding arm and stumbled in, his eyes wet with unshed tears.

"Good you're already here, bry. Are you alright potter?" Mad eye asks moving harry by the shoulders to sit down. Harry nodded before mad eye stepped over to me.

Mad eye pulled me up from the floor. I didn't fight or react beyond what he wanted me to do. I was a puppet that he controlled and moved to sit in a chair next to Harry. Mad eye handed me a rag and gestured to my arm with a gruff. I held the rag to my bleeding arm.

"Does it hurt?" He asked.

"Not so much now." Harry answered after a long moment of silence. I couldn't remember how to form words yet. But there was something wrong with the situation we were in now. I had a dreadful feeling that we weren't out of danger yet.

"I'd better take a look." Mad eye said grabbing our arms. I let out a yelp of shock. Mad eye seemed pleased by what he saw in our arms, but I could only see the long cut and blood pouring over my arm and dropping onto the floor.

"The cup was a Portkey. Someone had bewitched it." I spluttered out finally. My voice sounded off to my own ears, like someone else was talking.

"What was it like? What was he like?" Mad eye asks.

"Who?" Harry was confused, his brain working about as well as mine.

"The dark lord. What was it like to stand in his presence?" Mad eye answers a little edge of jealousy in his voice.

"I dunno." I answered.

"It was like I'd fallen into one of my dreams. One of my nightmares." Harry replied.

Mad eye convulses and struggles for air. He reaches for his flask that he always had on him. No one thought anything of it, assuming he was just a paranoid ex auror. But his flask was empty. He then rushes to a chest and opened it revealing glass bottles. Each one he picked up was empty and I could see how desperate he was becoming.

"Were there others? In the graveyard, were there others?" He asked giving up on the glass bottles.

It was like a bucket of ice was dumped over my head. My veins ran cold as I ran through the conversation we had in this office to find a mention of the graveyard. I hoped that harry had mentioned it before they joined me in the office.

"Um. I don't think anyone said anything about a graveyard, professor." Harry replied now as suspicious as I was.

"marvellous creatures, dragons, aren't they? do you think that blood traitor weasley would have taken you, bry, to see them if i hadn't pushed him too? do you think that miserable oaf would have led you into the woods if i hadn't suggested it? do you think neville longbottom, the witless wonder, would have provided you harry with gilliweed if i hadn't have given him the book that led you straight to it? i was just lucky that you bry were able to stumble along well enough. there is only so much one person can do." mad eye asked. he swung around on his fake leg glaring us both down as he snapped out his questions. it was like he had been aching to brag to someone about what he had done.