Chapter 11; Internships

Felicity POV

"Everyone has their costumes, right?" Mr. Aizawa asked tiredly. "Remember, you don't have permission to wear them out in public yet. And don't loose them or anything."

"Gotcha!" Ashido cheered, bouncing up and down on the spot, making me jump a little.

"Speak properly," our home room teacher snapped. "It's 'yes, sir', Ashido."

Like a balloon, she visibly deflated. "Yes, sir..."

He continued to give us all a hard stare. "Make sure you mind your manners with the other heroes during your internships. Get to it."

"Yes, sir," everyone chorused before they all began discussing and making plans and seeing who was going where. Most people in my class seemed so excited that we were interning with real pro heroes and while I was excited too, I was also nervous. I just really hoped someone nice from my class would be interning with the same person as me and hopefully not someone scary like that Monoma boy.

I wished that I could've interned with Sho-chan but he was interning at his father's agency of course, that was a big no. To be honest, I was still really, really shocked about everything.

First his left side and then he went to see his mother and now...

I glanced up at my best friend out of the corner of my eyes and gently nudged him.

He dragged his eyes down towards me. "Yeah?"

I stared up at him curiously. "Why do you keep staring at Iida?"

There a moment of silence before he looked away. "It's nothing. Don't worry about it."

I blinked. Was I missing something? Was there something going on that I didn't know about?

"Anyway..." he looked back at me. "Are you sure you're up for this? I mean...you're definitely certain that you'll be okay?"

I shook my head. "I'll be fine." I let out a heavy breath before looking at him right in the eye. "It's you I'm worried about."

He raised his eyebrows. "You're worried about me?"

I didn't shift my gaze. "Sho-chan...it's just...are you sure you wanna intern with your dad? It's just that...you know, a month ago if I suggested that, you'd be so disgusted but...no one even forced you and...I'm not trying to nag you or tell you how to live your life but I just wish you'd talk to me about this stuff. I never know what's going on in your head and that scares me a lot."

"Look, I know but try not to worry about me this week. If you need me, just call and I'll answer as soon as I can."

"Do you promise you'll do the same-"

"You know you're gonna miss your train if you don't hurry, right?"

"What?!" I yelped, looking around frantically for the clock. Oh god, he was right. "Oh no, oh no, oh no, I gotta go, I gotta go but I'll talk to you later, bye!"

I dashed to my platform as quickly as I could, wishing I wasn't so slow and unfit. I needed to build up some stamina badly, I could barely run a lap of a pitch without dying and needing about a gallon of water. But hey, maybe this internship would help me with that. That thought cheered me up and I pushed myself to keep going.

Yeah, maybe this internship really will be fine. Some people from my class might be going with me and maybe I'll get to make some friends. I smiled as I ran up onto the platform and began to skip and twirl around, a newfound spring in my step. I know Kaminari isn't going to the same agency as me but maybe Sero might be there, I like him, he was really nice and chill and all, or maybe Ochaco-