Chapter 12; Hosu City - Part One

I haven't read over this and it's probably really bad but I'm tired and don't wanna wait until morning so I'm really really really sorry 😭😭 but please enjoy this early update 😊

Shoto POV

"Sho-chan!"

I turned around, giving Felix a look. "You said you'd be five minutes, what were you doing in there for so-" I stopped. "What is your hero costume?"

She was wearing a simple white one piece dress with thin straps on her shoulders and low back so she could fold and unfold her wings. It was a sort of floaty dress, the made her look so graceful and free. As weird as this sounds, with her red eyes and Medusa hair and smooth skin, she seemed almost ethereal, like a little goddess. The knee length skirt part was loose and fluttering gently in the breeze and it had tiny and delicate little flowers stitched neatly on the hem. Her dress had a pale violet ribbon tied with a neat little bow around her waist and the flat neckline also had little flowers on it, like the one on the hem. Her skinny little legs were bare, with no kind of armor or protection on them and on her feet, she was wearing little white sneakers, their laces neatly done.

 Her skinny little legs were bare, with no kind of armor or protection on them and on her feet, she was wearing little white sneakers, their laces neatly done

She instantly drooped, her ruby red eyes going all watery and sparkly with tears

She instantly drooped, her ruby red eyes going all watery and sparkly with tears. "You...you don't like it?" She gave me a little twirl. "I thought it was kinda cool and all mystical."

I was so stunned by the resemblance that I spoke without thinking. "You look like...you...you look like your mom."

There was a short silence.

She then looked to the side, a smile forced on her face, cheeks flaring up. "R-R-Really?! I-I had no idea, huh, I guess my hero costume is pretty similar, what a funny c-coincidence..."

The shock faded and it turned to sympathetic pity. "Felix...don't tell me that you're still trying to replicate her."

"Wh-Wh-What on earth are you talking about, I'm my own person, I'd never do such a thing-"

"I know that you're still trying to make your father proud but when he said he wanted you to be a hero like her, he didn't mean it literally. Your mom...she was a skilled hero but that doesn't mean you need to be just like her. That's not what he wanted." I inhaled sharply as I spoke the words my mother told me when I was young. "You're not a slave of your lineage. It's okay to stay true to yourself and become the kind of hero that...that you want to be."