Chapter 14; Hosu City - Part Three

Felicity POV

"It's no use trying to pretend you're a hero now," Stain sneered. "A person's true nature doesn't change in just a few minutes. You'll never be anything but a fraud who prioritizes his own desires. You're the sickness that's infected society and ruined the name hero." He narrowed his creepy red bloodshot eyes. "Someone must teach you a lesson."

"You're a fundamentalists lunatic." Head still spinning, I looked to my side to see Sho-chan glaring at the Hero Killer, still unable to move. "Iida, don't listen to this murderer's nonsense."

"No."

Iida's voice was low and all wobbley.

"He's completely correct. I have no right to call myself a hero. At all." He swallowed, blood running down his arm. "Even so..." he clenched his fist, voice growing stronger now. "There's no way I can back down. If I give up now, then the name Ingenium will die."

Stain simply glared at him, his red eyes furious and detesting as he began to move. "Pathetic!"

I knew that if I tried to stand or fly too quickly, I could risk fainting or collapsing and that'd be even worse than getting my blood ingested. My head didn't feel as bad as before but it was still throbbing and everything was still a little hazy. But I didn't need to move my body to use my hair. It wouldn't be much but it was all I could think of right then.

So, still sitting weakly on the ground, my back against the wall, I extended my hair, using it to keep Stain back. The snakes on my hair are useful because they can stretch out their bodies so they can be used as a last minute resort when I'm exhausted but they obviously have limitations. They can't go further than 15 meters and then there's the fact that the longer I use my quirk for, the more wild and difficult to control they become. And I'll tell you, it's really weird but terrifying when you don't even have control of your own hair.

"Idiots!" I heard the pro yell. "The Hero Killer is only after me and that kid in the white armor! Stop fighting back, just get out of here!"

My head was still pounding but the world was starting to clear. I'd be okay to stand now hopefully. I could do this, I could, I just needed to hold Stain off for a few more minutes and then Sho-chan and Midoriya would be free.

So, forcing my legs to stop shaking, I clumsily got to my feet, trying to stand as strongly as I could. "N-No...I meant what I said. We're all going to get out of this alive. It won't be long now til the pros arrive and then it'll all be okay. Just a..." the world swayed and I stumbled to find my footing but didn't fall. "Few more...minutes..."

Something was off about the Hero Killer now. He was getting faster and more viscous with his movements almost as if he was scared now. He must've been panicking and getting desperate. Soon enough, Midoriya and Sho-chan and the pro would be free and as fast as he was, five against one was nearly impossible to win unless you were All Might or someone. And then when the pros showed up, he knew as well as I did that it would all be over for him.

I then noticed something out of the corner of my eye. Midoriya was moving. His time was up. So just a few more seconds and then Stain's quirk would wear off Sho-chan as well. This was fine, this was good. I was okay.

I lost my balance for a second and the world swayed but I still had enough fight left in me to keep standing. Come on, Felix...just a...few more...seconds...

I was suddenly pushed back, knocking into Iida who caught me by the shoulders and noticed the temperature increasing. Slowly opening my eyes, I saw Sho-chan in front of me, shooting fire at Stain with his left arm. My eyes began to fill with tears, I was so relieved. "You're okay!"