chapter eleven

December 4th 1920

"Michael." Anastasia giggled as he pulled her through the doors of Tommy's big house. He chuckled as he pulled her close.

"I love you so much." He whispered as he tucked a stray hair behind her ear.

"I love you too." She smiled.

"I'm so sorry." He silently repeated.

"Michael." She pondered. "You don't have to keep saying it, it's okay." Anastasia said as she leant in to capture his lips.

"Sorry." A maid blushed as she made her way down the corridor earning a chuckle from Michael.

"Maybe we should go somewhere more private." Michael smiled before gripping Anastasia's hand.

They had made it to Michael's bedroom in Tommy's house as Anastasia took off her heels and dress, slipping into a shirt Michael had left there. Michael had shut the door, lighting a cigarette.

"Good to be back." Michael muttered, letting out a long sigh.

"Come get in." Anastasia pouted and she opened up the covers for her husband. Michael kicked off his shoes and made his way over. Anastasia leaned her head on Michael's chest as he wrapped an arm around her, other hand holding his cig. She reached for his pockets, taking out a cigarette too, earning a raised eyebrow from the man. She sat up to light it. Michael gave her a smile and sat up with her, he patted in between his legs and she rested her head on his chest once more. They stayed like that for a while until there was a knock at the door.

"Yeah!" Michael shouted and in came a maid.

"Tommy would like to see you in his office sir." She smiled quickly and rushed out. Michael groaned and kissed Anastasia's temple before getting her to move and making his way out.

"Don't go anywhere." He winked.

༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫ ▹▫◃ ۪۪۫۫ ༄ؘ ˑ

"Tommy." Michael greeted, gently shutting the door behind him.

"Take a seat." Tommy nodded to the empty space in front of him. "Good to see you and Anastasia back together." He commented before taking out a cig.
"I'm gonna get straight to it, I need a favour."

Michael crossed his arms, leaning back into his chair. "What kind of favour?"

"I want you to take Anastasia to a dance."

"What?" Michael asked.

"I want you to take her to a dance, where she'll be noticed by a group of men. While she talks to them, you'll need to go to a back room and retrieve some important papers I need." Tommy explained, clasping his hands in front of him.

"What the fuck? No!" Michael sternly replied.

"I know it's not much to go on but I can't explain much more until you agree." Tommy urged, ashing his cigarette.

Michael let out a huff of annoyance. "Let me get this straight, you want to use my wife as bait?"

Tommy waved his hand. "Don't put it like that."