Chapter 8: Time of Capture

37

Angella had called a meeting. Her orders were to be taken with ultimate concern. "If we don't begin now then The Horde will take over The Whispering Woods and many other parts of Etheria. They've already destroyed so much of our land. We need to take action." 

Princesses from near and far were around the grand table and sitting in their rightful chairs. "When does this happen?" Perfuma asked and fidgited with her long blonde hair. She hated holding in a secret. 

Angella spoke, "Two days time. Be ready everyone. And be on guard, listen and respond. Do what you think is best for Bright Moon and Etheria as a whole." 

Adora sat tight-lipped and hugging herself. It was the only way not to shout out her great concern for Catra. She knew warning her best friend was the only way she'd survive. After the meeting she ran back to her room suited up and headed out. 

"Just where do you think you're going?" Bow asked. 

"To ride Swift Wind." Adora replied and kept walking. 

Bow grabbed her arm. "It's too risky. If the Horde knows you're alive there's no telling what they'd do." 

"I'm tired of being treated like a prisioner here." Adora spat at him. "I need my freedom. I need my life back." 

38

"And you will get it back in a few days." Angella interrupted. "Please, Adora, stay out of sight. If we need your help in any way we'll send a message to you." 

Adora asked a question she was afraid of, "Are you going to destroy The Fright Zone too?" 

Angella nodded and furrowed her brows together. "Yes, I thought that was understood as well." She watched as Adora fought with her emotions. "Untie your hold with the Horde. You came to me and to Bright Moon to save us and Etheria. I pray it'll stay that way. I don't want to turn on you too, Adora. Now that would be a shame."  

Bow touched her arm. "You've got to let Catra go." He whispered into her ear. 

Adora looked at him with tear filled eyes. She took off down the hallway running as fast as she could. She ran past the guards, the princesses and out the front of the palace. 

Glimmer teleported in front of her. "Stop! What on earth are you doing?" 

Adora was crying so hard now. "Let me go." 

Glimmer knew this was about Catra. "I can't do that. Mother will have me roasted like a pig." 

Adora begged, "Please get Catra out of there before you attack. Please, Glimmer, please. I love her." 

39

Glimmer was a sucker for romantic movies and things. She internally fought between right and wrong. "If I go and get her, Adora, I need you to keep quiet and out of sight until all of this is over. Swear to it." 

"Unless your mother needs She-Ra, I do swear I'll keep my word." Adora shook Glimmer's hand. 

"If anyone asks where I am tell them I'm safe and sound. I had to go to Mystacor for supplies." Glimmer said and teleported out. 

"Thank you." Adora said and walked into the woods to be alone. 

She was terrified to be back at The Fright Zone. Glimmer noticed how heavily guarded the place was. She watched as one of the guards turned left and she teleported in behind him. She zapped him with her powers and he fell down. Trying to be quiet she dragged him out of sight. Putting on his clothing was difficult. He had been on the taller side of life.