21 - "He's not a good influence on you."

Venus's POV:

It's Wednesday morning. Ellorie spent the night last night so we could spend the majority of the day packing up our stuff from the apartment.

I can't believe we have to leave, this has been our home, our place of happiness for so long. We have so many memories here with our mom and it feels like we're leaving her behind by moving to New York. I hope my mom knows how much we loved this apartment and that we're only leaving to keep Ellorie and I together.

Noah got up extra early to make breakfast for all of us because that's just the kind of person he is. Thoughtful, considerate, caring, compassionate... everything about him is good.

It was nice waking up with Ellorie being under the same room again. We both got up around the same time and made our way to the kitchen to set the table for breakfast.

"Morning." I smiled at Noah who was making scrambled eggs.

He gave me a quick peck on the lips, "Morning, beautiful."

"You really didn't have to do all this, Noah," Ellorie said, "I like making breakfast too, I could've made us waffles."

"How about tomorrow you make waffles then?" Noah offered, "I bet they're delicious."

"Us Yorkshire girls know how to cook!" I joked with them.

Ellorie and I sat at the table while Noah brought the food over.

"Looks yummy." I said with hungry eyes.

"Bon appétit!" He said proudly.

We all dished ourselves breakfast and enjoyed spending this morning with each other.

"So I guess dad is going to be ordering up some moving trucks for us, a few each day so that they can make there way to New York. By the time we get there all of our furniture and belongings should have already arrived." I explained to Ellorie what my dad emailed me last night.

"So I guess we should start packing then, huh?" She frowned.

"I know this isn't ideal, Ellie. I don't want to leave Texas either, I don't want to leave this apartment, I feel like we're leaving our memories here behind..." I frowned with her, "but this is the only way we can stay together."

"I know, I know." She sighed.

*
*
*

FRIDAY

The last couple of days we've had a series of trucks come to load our stuff into. Today is the last day and we don't have much more to load other than our beds and a few miscellaneous boxes.

I carried a box downstairs to load into the truck and as I was walking out the apartment doors, an unexpected face was approaching and all I wanted to do was run.

"Venus, hey..." He said.

"What are you doing here Russell??" I said as I dropped the box I was carrying and kept pressing the buzzer to my apartment and yelled for Noah.

"I'm not gonna hurt you, I just—" he started.

"No, no, no!" I said, getting as far back as possible, "You can't be here, I'm gonna call the police!"

My mind was racing. What did he want from me? Money? Sex? To beat me up? To get me addicted again? I wish Noah would hurry the hell up because I don't know what to do, I'm too weak to defend myself.

"I just wanted to give my condolences, I heard about your mo—"

"What is HE doing here?!" Noah said with anger as he threw the doors open and stood in front of me as a barrier.