The Beasts We Are Part 1

Okay, this story may seem random, so here's how I came up with it

@AquaticAndFantastic and I were talking about who the Hermits in apocalypse would be as Percy Jackson characters. I jokingly said Doc as Hedge, a saytar from the series, but then I drew it. I will post that picture in my randomness book. I started drawing other Hermits as creatures, some were random, some because they suited the Hermit. But then I got the idea for this book. So yeah. Enjoy!

Author note: the hermits know that Wither is a Halfhel at this point

Mumbo POV

I groaned as I sat up. The sun shone down cheerfully.

I got out of bed, wincing at how bright it was. Why is the sun so bright? It was only sunset.

My stomach rumbled, and I pulled out a piece of bread. I stared at it, my appetite lost. I didn't want bread. Why not?

A buzz from my phone distracted me, and I picked it up. It was Zedaph.

HELP! The message had a picture. I gasped.

Zedaph had changed. His purple eyes were now cat-like, with slitted pupils. His ears were pointed too.

What the?

Another text came.

You're not the only one. Impulse had replied. He too sent a picture, and was currently in a bad situation. He only had one eye. Like a cyclops.

Were they the only ones? I wasn't sure at that point.

Are we all different? Impulse asked.

I switched to camera, and checked. Nope, I still had both my eyes. But they had a yellow tint to them, like a camera filter. And my face was pale.

Worry started growing in me. Was this related to the weird things going on with me this morning? What's wrong with us! I thought.

Grian joined the chat. Am I the only one with wings? He messaged. A picture of his arm showed that they had wings. Huge, golden, wings.

Nope. Stress responded. Her photo showed that she too had wings, but they were different. These were icy blue, and seemed to be made out of ice shards. And they came from her shoulders, unlike Grian's.

What is going on? Iskall asked. He didn't send a picture, and I was glad. I didn't need anymore weirdness.

I'm not sure. Doc sent. Let's meet up somewhere and find out what happened.

Before we could reach a consensus, Jevin figured it out for us.

COME QUICK! He panicked. FALSE ISN'T BREATHING.

That was enough to send all of us into a panic. I grabbed my elytra, some rockets, and took off. It was then that I realized that I hadn't checked where they were. Landing, I grabbed my phone and looked.

They were at False's base.

I took off again, and saw Grian. My friend wasn't using his elytra. But why would you when you have wings? He looked a bit unstable, nervous about this type of flying, and delicious...

Wait.

I realized I was licking my lips and heading towards Grian. My hand was on my sword, gripping the handle tightly.

What am I doing! I veered away from him, ignoring his calls. I flew towards my base, and dove into the deepest part of it.

I crashed into the ground.

Dazed, I sat up. I was uninjured, except for a cut on my lip. Reaching up to feel it, I realized it was on the inside of my mouth. Gingerly, afraid of what I might find, I felt my canines.

They were pointed and sharp.

Huddling in the darkest part of my base, afraid to go out and hurt any Hermits, my hunger came back. Sharp, demanding. I grabbed a small piece of steak and nibbled on the edge. It was better than the bread, but what I wanted was blood.

What happened?