The Beasts We Are Part 7

Author Note: Oh shet, what have I done? There is a vampire and a werewolf lose on the server. Well, the Hermits are screwed.

Wither POV

"Well?" I asked. "How bad is it?"

Xisuma looked at the code and took a small breath. "Well, I can fix it, but it will take all night."

I was about to say that it was fine, but our phones buzzed. I pulled mine out and read the message. My heart dropped.

"What is it?" X asked, seeing my face.

"They got out." I whispered. "Ren and Mumbo got out."

Tango POV

Doc ran into the room, out of breath. Impulse, Iskall and I turned to look at him.

"Where are the others?" The saytr panted.

"They went to Cleo's ship. Thought it would be safer than here." Impulse told him.

"So what do we do now?" Iskall asked. A flicker of flame shot up his hand, then died out. I silently hoped he would get the fire under control.

Impulse shrugged. "Find them."

I laughed, thinking I'd misheard him. "I'm sorry, did you say go looking for the bloodthirsty monsters?"

Fire blazed around Iskall. "Those monsters." He stepped closer to me. "Are our friends. And I for one, am not leaving them like that."

"Calm the flames dude." Impulse put his hand on Iskall's shoulder and pulled him away from me. "Getting mad isn't helping."

"I agree with Tango though." Doc put in. "What would we do anyways?"

"Well, Iskall now has fire. I can make anything pretty much. Tango, you're a daemon, so you have that going for you."

"And what about me?" Doc asked wryly. "What do I do? Run around with a megaphone and a baseball bat screaming 'die' at the top of my lungs?"

Iskall laughed. "Nope, you get these." He tossed Doc a set of panpipes. The creeper stared uncomprehendingly at them. 

"What do I do with these?" He asked.

"Well, Impulse and I were doing some research on the creatures we've turned into. Saytars can do nature magic by playing those." I pointed to the pipes.

Doc laughed coldly. "I'd rather scream bloody murder."

A howl cut through the night.

"Well, it's those or nothing, 'cause if we're going to find them, we'd better move now." Impulse drew out a torch and led the way out of False's base.

"Do we even know where Mumbo and Ren are?" I asked.

Doc fell back to walk beside me. "I saw Ren's tracks heading for the forest. So I'd guess he's still there."

I nodded and we walked in silence.

Eventually we got to the edge of the forest. Our little brigade stopped.

"Probably a good idea to get our weapons." Doc murmured. We all reached for the weapons Impulse had made that day while testing out his new ability.

"Okay, so if we see Ren, try to pin  him down so we can tie him up, right?" Iskall clarified.

"Yeah." Impulse confirmed. "What about Mumbo?" He asked.

"Fire. That's deadly to vampires. Scare him with the fire, then gag him from behind so he can't bite us." I responded immediately. The others looked at me questioningly.