Chapter 4

Tony's POV

He was, wasn't he? I really thought that after everything that happened he would understand what's going on but no he has his own life sorted.
Well why do I even bother about him then? I am Tony Freaking Stark. I have got my shit sorted always. If he is so ignorant about everything and happy with Barnes then so it be. I am really not bothered too.

'Sir, Captain Rogers is knocking at the door, should I let him in?' asked Jarvis.

'Yeah!' I replied.

I am not afraid to talk to him and it's him who is guilty. Afterall I have to see what he has to say.

'Tony! Thank God! I really didn't think you would let me in after what happened in the corridor.' said Steve.

'Well Cap! You should know that I really don't bother about stuffs so much and I really don't know what you're talking about and now if you're done with your talking can you give me some privacy I have to finish with my work.' I replied sternly.

'Tony! Don't behave like nothing is happening. You very well know that I was genuinely happy when I saw you. You know that I needed you and you know that you needed me too. I mean I know whatever happened between you and me during that war was not intentionally done. You know my hands were tied and I just couldn't help it. Please just talk to me, don't shut me out.' Steve said.

'Haha! Well well, do the great Steve Rogers oh sorry Captain America trying to say that he was helpless? Please. He is the only guy who has everything sorted out here. The one who takes all the decisions, the one who holds us together, the one who tolerates my sassy and sarcastic behaviour just so that the team stays together. Then let me be straight here Rogers, that you knew I needed you but all you did was behave as if I didn't exist. For God's sake Rogers, we would have won against Thanos if 'We Both Were Together'. You said that even if we lose, we would lose Together and dammit when the losing part came it was only me who lost him, just me.' I replied breathing rapidly.

'Him? Tony whom are you talking about? Whom did you lose?' Steve asked.

'You seriously don't know? Or you're just acting up?' I asked.

'Tony please, whom did you lose? Who was it?' Steve asked again.

'Why did you leave me Cap? Why were you not there when I needed you the most? It wouldn't be this difficult for me to defeat Thanos if you were there with me, beside me.' I said.

Steve's POV

I really didn't know whom he was talking about. Whom did he lose? I know he needed me but was I so engrossed in saving my past life that I lost something very important in my present life?
Tony was really broken and I know that it had to be me who was to be blamed.
His eyes were moist, tired and most importantly weak. Yes! Tony Stark was feeling weak. What was it? My absence would make him upset but it would never make him weak rather it would make him stand strong infront of me and behave as if nothing was wrong but this was different.
Tony was different. Iron Man was different.
Right here and Right now I just knew one thing that no one would be able to handle him except Captain America. But he just wasn't ready to tell me anything.

'Tony what is it? Talk to me. I am right here. You can curse and I promise you I won't stop you by saying 'Language' or you can just call me names but just don't be like this Tony. Please talk to me. Tell me please what's wrong.' I asked

'Steve, if only you were there that day with me Thanos would have been dead and he would be alive.' Tony said again.

'Tony, who is it?' I asked genuinely concerned now.

'Peter! It's Peter!' I couldn't do anything to stop it I couldn't stop him, I needed you Steve, I needed you.' Tony finally said really broken.

This single sentence broke my heart. The strongest man was broken into pieces.

'Peter, It's Peter' that's all I could hear ringing in my ears.

'But you have Barnes, you're perfect life back on track, forget it Steve it's my problem and I will take out a way. You can lead a happy life with your best friend. Just leave me alone Steve. Let me be.' Tony continued.

Before he could say anything else I hugged him. I know he needed that the most now.

Author's Note.

I am really sorry about the late updates but my exams are up and I really am messed up with my studies but I promise to be quite regular once I am done with my exams.
Please bear with me guys, I am really sorry.

Anddddddd about the Stonyyy scenes, sit back and enjoy this is going to get interesting and much much better. :')

And Thank you sooo much about the lovely response and views.
Keep supporting guys and keep loving Stony!❤️