Chapter 6

STARK TOWER

Steve's POV

I saw everyone staring at me in the room as if I had done something strange or different.

'Guys? What?' I asked.

'It's just so strange that Tony didn't smile all these months. And he just started smiling today as you, I mean you all are here.' Banner replied.

'I am sure he is happy seeing all of us.' I said.

'Guys! Don't make it such a big news. I smile its just that things have not been so good all these days.' Tony said.

'Are you guys not hungry?' Nat finally spoke up.

'I'll make breakfast for everyone, I know it's lunch time but late breakfast doesn't sound bad right?.' I volunteered.

'You need some help Cap?' Tony asked.

'No, you sit here rather I'll help him, we don't want the entire building to burn down anyway.' Nat replied.

The entire room had started laughing.

Oh how I have missed this entire thing. This place, and the people around me here. I so want to keep things just like this. I will bring back Peter and everything will be fine. I will have my own family and I will have my people around me smiling and laughing. We will live like those normal families.

I saw Nat following me to the kitchen. Nat and cooking usually doesn't get along so something was definitely up. Be prepared Rogers.

Nat's Pov

'So Steve, what are you making for our late breakfast?' I asked.

'Pancakes and probably cheeseburger for Tony, it's his favourite.' Steve smiled.

'So when are you gonna tell him Steve?' I got straight to the point.

'Tell who what?' Steve stammered.

'Come on, Steve! Don't play dumb with me. When are you gonna tell Tony how you feel about him?' I replied.

'Nat, I don't know what you're talking about. I mean Woah! What feelings?' He laughed a bit.

'Steve, You don't want me to call Tony here and say that you love him right? So just be honest with me' I said.

'Nat, it's nothing.' He continued.

'Tonyyyy!!' I shouted.

'Yeah? Romanoff? Need something?' came the reply from the living room.

'Woah! Nat! Okay fine I will tell you just don't call him here.' Steve said in a lower voice.

'Nothing was just figuring out where the salt is, anyway got it.' I replied Tony.

'Speak up Steve, you have a lot to tell me.' I said.

'Nat! You have always been that supportive and caring friend that I always missed and needed. You have been there whenever life wasn't being good to me. I always wanted to tell you everything about this but I just wasn't sure myself. My life and everything was all over the place that I didn't realise it. I was so stupid that I understood it when I was away from him. But now when I know that the only truth and the only precious thing in my life is him I don't know what to do. I want to tell him, I want to tell everyone about my feeling but Nat, he just doesn't feel the same about me.' Steve said.

'Wait a minute! Are you talking about Tony here?' I asked.

'Yeah Nat! Isn't it obvious?' He chuckled.

'No it's not. I mean you just said he doesn't feel the same about me, and if it's Tony, that guy only has you and probably cheeseburgers on his mind 24*7.' I said.

I saw Steve smiling. My words made him happy but more than being happy it made him feel relieved.

'So Steve, are you gonna confess it to me or I have to wait for that too?' I finally smirked.

'Yeah fine Nat! I love him. I love Tony Stark.' He smiled like a young teen.

'Tonyyy!! Steve needs help!' I smiled wickedly and left Steve there.

'Nat! No, Oh God!' Steve was literally blushing.

'Coming!!' Came Tony's reply.

'Trust me! He was waiting for me to call him inside.' I laughed.

I left the kitchen, who would anyway feel comfortable between the romantic tension these two have.

Tony's POV

I entered the kitchen looking at this huge, tall little child who was busy preparing breakfast for us. There was this weird urge in me to go and wrap my hands around his shoulders but I know I just couldn't do that.

Damn Tony! What are you even thinking? It is Steve for God sake, you just couldn't think of hugging him all the time. Whatever you are thinking just keep it to yourself, you just got him back, do not do anything stupid that will create distance between you two.

Wait, he was smiling. He was smiling looking at the pancakes. This man even smiles at pancakes but can't smile longer than 2mins when he talks to me. I hate him so much at times that I want to literally go on my heels, look into his eyes and say..well I don't know what to say exactly but I just want to look into those blue eyes.

Tony!! Stop! What the hell! Just Stop.

'Are you talking to yourself?' Steve asked.

'Cap! No I wasn't, well I heard you need help? I mean you can't even manage cooking without me?' I replied.

*Great way to talk to him sweetly Tony, great!*

I need to control the voice in my head but this person standing infront of me makes me go nervous, crazy and sarcastic all at the same time.

'Tony, I actually don't need your help, I just made cheeseburgers for you and I hope that's fine with you.' He replied smiling.

Oh My God! He didn't? He made my favourite. This man makes my life beautiful just by doing these small little things.

'Is this because I was angry with you?' I asked.

'No, I mean if that works then absolutely but I just wanted to make it for you.' he replied.

'Cap, you really know me well, isn't it? I mean even when we fight or yell at each other, you know how things can be okay between us isn't it?' I said and saw him getting nervous.

'Well, anyway, I don't want thor and clint to eat up my head so let's just take the pancakes out.' I changed the topic.

I saw him smiling. Something was up with this man. What, that's the question. He has been smiling alot lately. Cap, what's up with you, I will find out.