Chapter 21 - Peck

I want to genuinely thank everyone who reads this book. I'm so so grateful to have you, I love you so much. Please have a good day.

It's been an entire afternoon since they've been trying to ignore each other's presence. Jungkook didn't know why Taehyung had decided to skip work for the day, but now the tension between them was getting nothing but thicker. Not thicker than Taehyung's smoke of course...

Is this the end.. for me? Jungkook dramatically played a scene of himself in his head, struggling to escape from smoke. Who would've thought I'd leave this way..😔

He was cleaning the living room and was looking down, he didn't even realize that Taehyung was standing right in front of him. He quickly turned himself around but Taehyung grabbed onto his arm.

OHHHH OKKKK.

He sat on the couch and Jungkook hesitantly sat next to him.

"Have you finished the ironing?"

IS THAT ALL YOU CAN SAY EYE-

"Yes. Is there anything else you'd like me to-"
"Do you wanna know about the girl?"

Jungkook noticed the seriousness in his gaze and quickly shook his head. "No.. you don't have to tell."

"I.." Taehyung cleared his throat. "Wanted to.. tell you."
"Oh.." The younger blushed.

"She's Luna."
"The one who called you when we were at the mall?"

Taehyung nodded.

He explained to Jungkook that Luna was the prettiest girl in school, she could have all men falling for her but, the man she end up falling for was Taehyung, and he didn't like her back.

She started becoming really quiet in school, quiet to the point people became afraid of what she might do. Rumors of her started going around in school like a virus and she end up losing her all her so-called friends.

She told Taehyung how she felt towards him, and begged for him to accept her, but Taehyung told her he wasn't looking for a relationship at the time. But Luna was persistent in trying to win him over, sacrificing lots of time and effort, but in the end failed to.

That one day arrived, when Luna told her guy friends to come over and save Taehyung from falling off the roof, beating up the bullies for him, Taehyung finally agreed to date her, but it only started years after.

He never liked Luna, it was just for the sake of her to stop asking him the same questions over and over again. He was tired of listening to it. Plus he was busy with work, he didn't get to see her so often so he thought it'd be fine.

"She didn't give up even after you told her no?" Jungkook asked. "Usually people don't handle rejections so well.."

"I know, she's different." Taehyung got off the couch. "Now you know."

"Wait." Jungkook gripped onto the corners of his sleeves. "So..." He fiddled with his fingers. "You aren't dating anyone.. right now?"

Taehyung retracted his hand from the younger.

"No. I'm not."