Part 12

"What are you doing here?" I snarl, turning to face Deceit.

"Who are you?" Princey questions, "what is your business here?"

"Me?" Deceit plays innocent as usual," I just want to help the King and Queen guide their confused son on the right path, away from this... Vixen."

"How dare you speak to Virgil in such a way!" Roman starts to get angry with every word spoken by the man with a snake face.

"Your majesty, with all do respect, I don't see that it's wise to trust someone who's name is literally Deceit!  Like that's his legal name!" I try to reason with the King before he could say anything.

"Enough," the Queen spoke up," Deceit, you were banished from this kingdom years ago. How dare you come back here after everything that you've done. All the destruction you caused."

"We let you live here when you had no where to go and you betrayed us!" the King steps in, angered at the snake faced man.

I could tell D carefully picking what to say next, his face blank and mind bubbling with ideas.

"People change," he tries to smile genuinely however it comes across as creepy," I have also changed my ways. All I'm asking for is forgiveness."

"No," the King spat, "once a liar, always a lair."

"Just get out!" The queen screeches.

I smirk at D as he huffs and storms out the room like a petulant child.  I guess there are battles he can't win.