Ch.10

Jake POV

"I-I think I like Sam..." Colby trailed off.

Holy shit.

On the outside I remained calm, but on the inside I was freaking out.

'FINALLY!!!' I thought.

I had noticed the two getting closer and more touchy with each other, but I wasn't going to say anything.

The pieces of the puzzle were all coming together now.

"I swear I won't tell anyone." I said back to Colby.

"Ok good, I don't want anyone to know because I'm not sure what to do yet." Colby responded.

I sat there for a while wondering what to tell him.

"Why do you think you like Sam?"
———————————————————
Colby POV

I sat here puzzled wondering how I was going to tell him how I felt about Sam.

Right when I was about to respond I heard the door open.

I jumped and quickly told Jake I had to go and that I'd talk to him later before hanging up.

I heard Sam walk in so I got up and went to the living room.

When I got out there I saw him on the couch turning on the TV. "Hey man how's it going?" I asked cautiously taking a seat next to him in the couch.

"Fine." He said in a monotone voice, void of all emotion.

Now that I thought of it he looked red and puffy in the eyes like he had been crying again. Where had he gone to when he left?
————————————————————
Sam POV (bit of a flashback)

I couldn't stop crying and I didn't know why.

I was trying to get over the stupid prank but I kept on having recurring nightmares of it.

I lost Colby over and over again.

I didn't want him to see me in the shitty state I was in so I decided to leave the house.

I walked into our room and pointed at the door signaling I was going to leave before I shut the door and headed out.

I got into my car and sat there. I had no place to go. There was no place right now that could cheer me up.

Finally after a bit of crying I started up my car and just drove away. I didn't care where I was going. I just needed to get away from the apartment for a little bit.

I decided to go to my thinking spot so I could calm myself down.

I arrived at my thinking spot and got out of my car to go and sit on a boulder.

I pondered about how bad that prank had really affected me. I didn't realize until now how that could actually really happen. I couldn't imagine what I'd do without Colby.

That's why I had been such a mess and shutting him out.

He made me feel like shit ever since and I just have no idea how to get over it.

He's alive, but why does it feel like he had actually died?

I didn't realize I was crying until now.

I couldn't save him in any of my dreams or in the prank and it haunted me.

Finally, I decided I needed to stop being such a baby and decided to drive back home where I belonged.