Ch 27

Sam POV

"Sir, you have to leave"

"No! I refuse to leave him!"

"Colby, listen to the nurse."

"No! I can't leave him like this."

"Colby! The nurse is telling you to leave so she can help Sam-"

"Why can't I stay in here?! I can help!"

"This is too serious. If we have anyone in here that isn't a doctor or nurse, it can ruin his brain even more. So please, leave. We'll call you in when he's ready."

I open my eyes and looked around, seeing that I was laying in a hospital bed. I looked up and saw a few doctors running around and in and out of the room.

One was holding a clipboard, talking to a group of 7 people, two being girls and 5 being men. They all looked about my age.

An older man with a beard and one with a man bun placed a hand on a man who had dark brown hair, falling in front of his face a bit, and walked him out of the room. The others soon followed.

The nurse turned around and looked at me, putting on a friendly smile. "Hello, Sam. How are you feeling?" Well, I guess my name is Sam.

"I-I'm alright. What's happening? Where am I?" I asked when I saw an IV in my arm.

"Well, you were in a pretty bad accident last night." She simply put it, but I needed more information.

"What happened to me?" I asked again. She looked at the wall for a few seconds before sighing and looked back at me.

"You were kidnapped from someone, and they took you to a place far away from your home and physically hurt you, pretty bad." She said. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"Where are my parents?" I asked.

"They're all the way in Kansas, Sam. We're in California." She said.

"Why? Why am I here?" I asked. She sighed once more before putting her clipboard down and sat on a chair by my bed.

She started with me being Samuel Golbach, but I go by Sam. I just turned 21, and lived with a few of my friends. I make a living off of making YouTube videos. It sounds amazing, but I couldn't believe that was my life.

She then said how I was from Kansas and I had two siblings, me being the middle child. She explained how I moved here to LA a few years ago with a friend of mine.

"I still don't remember any of this." I say. She nodded.

"I understand. That accident was pretty bad, so it may take a few weeks, maybe even months for your memory to come back. But, we can speed the process by doing some exercises." She said.

"What type of exercises?" I asked. She stood up and walked over to a phone and opened it up, walking back over to me.

"This is your phone, and one of your friends who knew the password took it off for me, so don't worry. Do you remember what you look like?" She asked. I shook my head. She swiped through the phone and went to the camera, showing me the screen.

There was a young man looking back, with blonde hair, falling in front of his face with blue eyes. She kept the screen there for awhile before closing the app and going to my photos.

The first photo had a family of 5, one of them being me, with a dog. "This is your family. Those are your parents. And that's your older sister, Allison, and your younger brother, Ben. That's your dog. They're all back in Kansas." She explained, pointing to each person.

She flipped through other photos. After another 10 minutes of questions, answers, pictures, and more, she left the room.

After a few minutes, she came back in with the same group of people from earlier. They stood at the door and looked at me with smiles.

"Sam, these are your friends. Do you guys want to introduce yourselves?" She asked them.

"I'm Aaron Doh, one of your roommates." The tallest one said.

"Jake Webber. I'm one of your Kansas friends." Another one of them said.

"Elton, your un-... friend and roommate." The oldest one said.

"Katrina. You're... friend." The first girl said.

"Corey Scherer. One of the other roommates." The one with the man bun said.

"Devyn, Corey's girlfriend." The other girl said. Everyone introduced themselves, except for the one who was fighting with the nurse earlier.

They all looked at him as he looked away, and the Elton person nudged him.

"C-Colby Brock... just one of your roommates." He said softly. I wonder what's wrong with him? Probably just having a bad day.

"So Sam, once we get your medication to you and you fill out a few forms, your free to go home!" The nurse said. I nodded and she, and the other nurses and doctors, left the room.

My, I guess, roommates sat down on a few chairs and a bench and looked at me with huge smiles, except for the Colby one. I gave a shy smile back.

Colby POV (flashback)

     After 30 minutes, even though it felt like forever, the nurse called our names. She informed us that we don't mention a lot about our relationship with him.

     We can only say that we're friends or his roommates, which broke my heart to hear, but she said it would confuse him even more and damage his brain more if we said anything more that that.

     When we got to the room, it hurt to see my boyfriend in the bed with even more scars, bruises, scrapes, and more than just a few days ago. It should be me who had all of that, not him.

     We all introduced ourselves to him, which made me even more sad. When the nurse left to get some papers and his medication, we all sat down. Aaron, Kat, and I sat on a small bench by the bed, while the rest sat in a few chairs.

     After a few more minutes of us signing papers for him and getting his medicine, we were allowed to leave.

     We helped him out of the bed and back into normal clothes and quickly left. Once we were by our cars, we stopped to talk.

     "Who's going in which cars?" Elton asked.

     "Kat, Colby, and I can ride with Sam and you guys can ride in the other one if that's fine." Jake said. Everyone nodded. I looked at Sam who was just watching in curiosity. Bless his heart.

     Everyone nodded and jumped into their assigned cars. Jake went to the drivers seat, Kat went to the passengers side, and Sam and I sat in the back. We buckled up and started driving, the others behind us.

     Throughout the car ride, Sam and I exchanged glances. My glare was sad, anger, and pity towards him. His glare to me was more friendly, like he was trying to make me feel better. And it did. It made me feel better, that he was safe, and Brennen could no longer hurt him.

     But Brennen did hurt him. He took his memory away, and now he doesn't know anything. That hurt more than anything I have ever been through.

A/N- When Sam and Colby post the video and ended it with such a huge cliffhanger, and then tell us that they won't post the next part until Sunday... I'm big boi sad and nervous. But in other words, I'm so happy that it's Friday, Colby's posting day, and tomorrow Sam and Elton posts ~Kaitlyn