Ch 29

Colby POV (a few days later)

It was Christmas Eve at the house, and everyone was excited that it was our first Christmas together.

I sat downstairs watching as Aaron played video games when I looked around a realized: we've all been so busy helping Sam get his memory back that we never decorated for Christmas.

"Yo, Aaron. Pause the game." He sighed and finished the round before putting down the controller and turning to me. "It's Christmas Eve, and the house isn't decorated yet."

Immediately, his eyes widen. We both ran to the garage and started grabbing boxes of decorations, startling Elton and Circa as she growled.

"What the hell are you-" he started but I interrupted him.

"Shut up and get everyone, and call over Jake and Katrina. We're decorating for Christmas and baking cookies." Aaron said, not stopping the process of getting the boxes.

Elton got up, not questioning our choices, and headed towards the door. "Do we even have cookie ingredients?" He asked.

"Ohh. You're right. Tell them to go to the store and just buy a bunch of cookie dough. I'll pay them back." I said. He sighed and continued to go to get the roommates.

Once we got all of the boxes down, the roommates were already downstairs, sitting on the couch.

"What's going on?" Corey asked.

"We've been so busy dealing with... things." I said, looking at Sam who looked down sadly. "That we forgot to decorate."

"Don't we have a few weeks though?" Elton asked.

"It's Christmas Eve!" Aaron exclaimed. The others looked at us with shock.

"Really?! I feel like we just got Sam out of the hospital last week. It's already been 3 weeks?" Corey asked. I nodded, making them even more shocked.

"I know, I'm shocked too." I said. "Now, Jake and Kat should be getting cookie dough now. We'll bake them when they get here."

"Do we even have a tree?" Aaron asked. We looked around, somehow even more shocked.

I sprinted to the couch, jumped on it and grabbed my phone to call Jake. I told them to also get a tree, and hung up.

"Ok, get to a box and start decorating or I'm going to get angry!" I said, making Corey and Elton stand up and start helping Aaron and I. I looked over at Sam, who was still looking at the floor in sadness. "What's wrong, Sam?"

He whipped his head up startled. "Hm? Oh... nothing. I'm fine." He smiled, standing up and walking to the boxes and grabbing decoration.

Did I believe him? Of coarse not. I know that somethings bothering him. He can't hide under smiles and laughs. It may trick some people, but it won't trick me.

———————

A few hours past of just us decorating, blasting Christmas music that it may have made the neighbors angry (but we probably already do), singing at the top of our lungs, and baking the cookies when Jake and Kat got here. Around 8:00, Sam claimed that he was tired and went up to go "sleep". Which gave Jake, Aaron, Devyn, Kat, Corey, Elton, and I to do some late, Christmas Eve gift shopping.

We all decided to split up and shop for each other. And of coarse I was going to get everyone something, but my main goal was to get Sam something that would make it the best Christmas for him.