THE POLLYWOG

THE POLLYWOG━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ CHAPTER THREE

THE POLLYWOG
━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━
CHAPTER THREE

Hawkins, Indiana
October 31, 1984

" RISE AND SHINE " Hopper said as he entered Y/n's room. "So that's it, huh? You're still not talking?"Hopper asked. "All right, I guess I'm just gonna have to, uh..enjoy this triple-decker Eggo extravaganza with El and without you"Hopper sighed as Y/n's eyes widened.

Hopper cut the waffles in half as he smiled. "Mm!"Hopper said as the three eat the eggos. "Mmn! Good, right?"Hopper asked as he looked at the two. "Know the great thing about it? It's only 8,000 calories"Hopper added. Hopper sniffled as he looked at the wire on the ground leading to Y/n's room.

"You visited him again last night?"El asked as she looked at Y/n. "He says he needs me, he needs us"Y/n responded as she looked at the Eggo. "Want me to go check on him?"Hopper asked. Y/n shook her head in response, "I know that you miss him, all right?"Hopper asked. "But it's too dangerous."

"You're the last thing he needs right now"Hopper looked at Y/n. "You're gonna see him, soon! And not just in that head of yours. You're gonna see him in real life"Hopper added. "I feel like I'm making progress with these people."

"Friends don't lie.."El said softly. "What?"Hopper looked at El. "You say "soon" on day 21"Y/n says. "You say "soon" on day 205"Y/n kept on going. "You now say "soon" on day 326?"Y/n asked. "What is this? You're counting the days now like you're some kind of prisoner?"

"When is "soon"?"Y/n asked as she looked at him. "Soon" is when.. it's not dangerous anymore"Hopper answered. "When?"Y/n asked. "I don't know"Hopper answered. "On day 500?"Y/n raised her voice. "I don't know"Hopper sighed. "On day 600?"Y/n shook her head. "I don't know"Hopper raised his voice.

"Day 700?"Y/n slapped her hand on the table. "On day 800?"Y/n slapped her hand on the table again. "No!"Hopper yelled. El covered her ears as she looked down and closed her eyes. "I need to see him! Tell me!"Y/n shouted as she banged on the table. "I said I—"Hopper cut himself off as Y/n tilted her head making the plate go to Hopper as the food spilled on him.

"Oh! Shit! Shit!"Hopper yelled as he stood up. "Friends don't lie!"Y/n yelled as she furrowed her eyebrows. Y/n walked into her room as she slammed the door closed with a wave of her hand.

•••

"The case of Phineas Gage is one of the great medical curiosities of all time"Mr.Clarke said to the class. "Phineas was a railroad worker in 1848 who had a nightmarish accident"Mr.Clarke added. "A large iron rod was driven completely through his head."He drew a line on a skull.

"Phineas miraculously survived, He seemed fine.""And physically, yes he was" Mr.Clarke looked at the class. "But his injury resulted in a complete change in his personality"He said as Max looked at Will.