Chapter seven - two years later

Just Us

Two years after knowing he was going to be okay, Nagisa moved in with Karma and Karma began working again. 

"Blueberry, have you seen where the gloves are?" Karma said while looking under the bathroom sink. 

"Check under the kitchen sink, you red berry," Nagisa shouted back from their bedroom, he was currently folding their laundry.  Soon, they were going to have guest over.  Today was going to be one of their best days. For both of them. 

.  .  .

Karma's old friends came over and a few of Nagisa's as well. They both came out to their friends.  About a year or two ago, on the exact day, they came out to their friends as a couple.  Today they were going to tell them something even bigger. 

"We have something important to tell you," Karma said while twisting his cup in his hand.

"Something big," Nagisa continued as he grabbed one of Karma's hands gently and pulled it into his lap. 

Karma smiled and looked up from the table.  He pulled on Nagisa's hand and showed everyone around the table the rings on both of their fingers. 

"It seems I purposed."

"And it seems I've accepted his purposeful," Nagisa chimed in. 

Everyone around the table was staring at the two rings before they all stood up and hugged them. Shouting congratulations and asking random questions like 'when' or even 'how'.

They both looked at each other and smiled, they had some of the most accepting friends in the world. 

.  .  .

Later that night, Karma and Nagisa lay on the edge of their bed, exhausted from the previous event.  Their hands were still connected as they lay. 

"I'm so happy today," Nagisa said while thinking over what happened. He turned his head to look at the ring which was in the hands of Karma.  It shined slightly in the blue light that came from Karma's old lamp.  Nagisa giggled and moved the ring around, looking at the beautiful silver names engraved into it. It was his name, his and Karmas. 

Karma's ring was similar but instead of silver it was bronze and their names were also on the ring, in the same cursive font as Nagisa's. 

"I'm glad that today was so easy.  That all the stress of coming out is gone.  But mostly I'm glad that you're here with me today and for, hopefully, the rest of my life," Karma said while turning to hold Nagisa closer. "And I'm happy that both of us are healthy now.  And I thank you for allowing me to live."

Nagisa smiled and closed his eyes, nudging into Karma's chest.  "And thank you for asking me to marry you." 

Karma laughed and closed his eyes as well, rubbing the others back gently. 

"Here is to a promising future."

  .  .  .

The End