Chapter Fifty-Two

I was currently holding Alexis hand as we walked to our horse and carriage. We were taking the carriage through the snow trail. It was really romantic and known for some proposals. Instead of a proposal, I was giving her a promise ring. I had it in my pocket. "Surprise babygirl." She smiled as she looked at me. Her face bright with happiness and love.

"Really Colby?" I nodded my head in response with a wide smile. She hugged me and I helped her on. I got on after her and pulled her close wrapping an arm around her. Soft music played in the background as we were off. She looked amazed as we went through the white light trail. Flurry's falling and the amazing romantic mood. We soon stopped in the middle of a dimly lit wooded area and got off. I brought her to the very middle and smiled at her as I got on my knee.

Her eyes widened. "Alexis, I know we haven't been together for long but I am in love with you. I want to show you that I will forever love you and give full commitment. When you look at this ring, I hope it reminds you of my promise to never stop loving you. This ring comes with a pledge that I will be faithful to you. This ring symbolizes my intent to marry you some day, and one day I'll replace it with an engagement ring and a wedding band. Whenever we look at these rings, they'll remind us that we'll always be there for each other. Exchanging promise rings means everything to me. I can't wait to see how bright our future will be. Will you promise to love me forever?" I had a few tears in my eyes. But I did not dare let them fall.

Her eyes welled up and she was smiling and choking in her sobs. She nodded her head and I slipped the ring on her and she slipped the ring in me. I rose once again and pulled her in. I cupped her roses cheeks and planted a soft, romantic kiss in her lips. I heard soft claps and smiled. We pulled away and hugged. I looked up to see a few people. I grabbed her hand and we went to finish the trail.

As soon as we did, we went back to the hotel for a romantic night of movies. We laid in bed cuddled together the whole time. Not once did we post anything or record anything. I kissed her every now and then. Soon, we grew tired and fell asleep.

The next morning we woke up and went home. Well, to my parents house. We walked in and it was very early so nobody was awake. We slid down on the couch next to the Christmas tree and fell asleep again. It was Christmas morning. Seconds later, I felt my body begin to shake. I slowly opened my eyes to be met with Alexis eyes and seen everybody else sitting.

We gather around in a circle and started opening presents. There was a whole lot so it took us a while. We laughed and talked as we did and shared memories. Sometimes they would glance at the rings in our fingers. To be honest, the ring looked like an engagement ring. But, it was indeed a promise ring.

Alexis's POV

I was currently sitting on Colby's lap when he tapped my shoulder. "Move your hair." I moved my hair and felt cold metal against my neck. I looked down to see my name in diamonds. I smiled and turned my head as soon as it was hooked. "Thank you baby." I looked at it more closely and seen his engraved on the back along with Colby's initials.

He had the same one around his neck and was engraved with hers and my initials. I planted a quick kiss on his lips and smiled. We finished opening everything and just hung out for the rest of the day as more family appeared. Some of them even knew I was here and had more gifts. I was very excited. This was all just amazing.

***A few days later***

We were currently having a New Years party. I was in Colby's room getting ready. There was quite a few people and everybody was dressing up to look nice. Teens, children, adults, everybody. I hadn't realized they did all of this for it. But Colby explained it was a big deal and they dressed up. Even Sam's family was over here. I quickly finished up my last touches of my make up and hair. I slipped in my heals and smiled at my look.

I started making my way down the stairs

I started making my way down the stairs. I walked into Sam and he stopped and smiled at me. He looked me up and down in surprise. "Wow you look amazing, Colby is going to love this." His eyes traveled to my hand. "Did he propose?" He asked wide eyed. I shook my head with a small giggle. "No, actually, it's a promise ring." He looked at me amused. "He really loves you Lexi, don't let him go. I've never seen him happier." I nodded my head and we parted ways.

I met with Colby down stairs and he introduced me to a few people. If only you could see the smile on his face when he talked about me. I felt so loved and just amazing. I listened to him talk about me to his aunt and smiled through the whole thing. He would occasionally look at me lovingly and I just melted into his arms. It felt so amazing.

Suddenly, the count down began and we all gather with our loved ones. Kat was here. She seen me and waved. I waved back. "Three...Two...One! HAPPY NEW YEAR!" We all shouted. Colby gripped my face and kissed me. I kissed back as I gripped his shirt and his hands cupped my face.

Others were kissing as well. We slowly pulled away as he bit my lip softly. I giggled and we leaned our foreheads in each other's. From there in we danced and sang to music as we ate and had fun. This was amazing. My family never really did this because we were always separated because of the work. My siblings and I celebrated together. Right now, they actually had a chance to be together. Next year, they are coming. According to Colby and his family.

The night soon came to an end and we all went to sleep. We had a mess to clean up in the morning before we board the plane to leave. I will always remember this. It was just amazing. I put down my phone and spend time with those who I live and met others. It was just amazing.